PDA

View Full Version : My Apple Dream about the WWDC...

DTphonehome
Jun 12, 2003, 11:36 AM
Last night I had a really bizarre dream about the upcoming WWDC. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, and now I know that I'm reading these forums WAY too much.

It starts with me at the announcement of the updated PowerMacs. I'm sitting at a conference room-style table with about 10 or 12 other people (you guys!) and we are listening to Steve Jobs talk about the new products.

The first product is a new G4 PowerMac, in a small case, much like the Cube, only smaller. I would estimate two of them would fit in the space occupied by the old Cube. We've heard rumors about those recently...a small form factor PowerMac re: the Cube. Anyway, Steve is talking about it, doesn't say much about the specs, and looks at me and says: "Here, take this". It is the box for the new G4. It is gray with white lettering. He then announces the NEW G5 PowerMac, and everyone just gasps. It has a similar box to the G4, gray with white lettering that says "PowerMac G5". Again, no specs. Presumably, this is a normal-sized computer, but it comes in a tiny box.

He passes the box to someone else at my table, and we all pass them around appreciatively. I then ask a question to Steve: "Where are the new PowerBooks?" I ask. He tells me that they are in a different area of the convention, which for some reason has been moved to Boston (the entire event, that is. I have no idea why Boston, because I live in New York City, but whatever. It's a dream, ok?).

Steve takes my cell phone number and promises to call me before he goes to introduce the new PowerBooks, in a few hours. The PowerMac event ends, and the crowd dissipates. I start to make my way to the next part of the event to see the new PowerBooks, but I can't find a taxi anywhere. Somehow I get involved in a chase scene from "The Italian Job" (which I just saw last week), through Central Park, which is now in Boston, apparently.

A string of events prevents me from getting to the PowerBook event. Steve calls me on my cell phone and is like "hey, where are you? I'm waiting for you to get here so I can introduce them!" I promise I am on my way, but of course I never get there (I've had dreams like that where I can't get where I want to go...like if I'm at a ski resort, I'll never make it to the lifts...missing my snowboard, or a glove, or something).

Somehow, I hear that they introduced an updated 15" PB, that looks like its 12 and 17" brethren, with a 1.42 Ghz G4. The 12" gets upgraded to 1 Ghz, and the 17" to 1.42 Ghz, like the 15". I confirm this by logging on to the Apple Store and checking them out. I move my mouse over to the "Buy Now" button...

And I hear Howard Stern's voice. It's 6:35 AM and my alarm clock woke me up! Dammit! I confirm that it isn't the 22nd yet on my watch, and sleepily roll out of bed to start my day.

Is that a weird dream or what?? Now we'll see if I have ESP, or if I just had too many buffalo wings before I went to bed.

--DT

As I was driving home from the mall today, I remembered the best part of the dream! Somewhere in there, I believe after the PowerBooks were announced, I opened up a magazine and saw an ad for the NEW iTablet. The specs in my dream were:

*12.1" touch screen, which folds back a la tablet PCs
*DVD/CDRW drive (not Superdrive)
*1 Ghz G4
*3.5 lbs, 1 in. thick

The tablet had a white housing, like the iBook, and a scroll wheel, like the iPod's. More than that I was not fated to see. Hope it comes true!

Sun Baked
Jun 12, 2003, 11:39 AM
:confused:

Does the return key function in your dreams?

That's a bit hard for some of us to read.

applemacdude
Jun 12, 2003, 06:27 PM
Crazy dream...may been influenced by all them rumors...

pilotgi
Jun 12, 2003, 07:25 PM
LOL!

That would be nice. How 'bout an edit, DTphonehome?

wdlove
Jun 12, 2003, 07:44 PM
Have you had dreams before after eating buffalo wings late at night? What is your track record for your dream predictions? I do agree that your dream will become reality with the G5, the last prediction that I saw on this site was for a shipping date no earlier than August. The best part is that is G 5 is in production! :)

FriarTuck
Jun 12, 2003, 08:12 PM
Courtesy of FreakyDreams.com (http://www.freakydreams.com)

Words like : Unexplained. Secret. You are curious about something going on around you.

Words like table: Place of activity. Workplace. Ready to start with your plans.

Words like or: Restricted vision. Cloud. Screen .Looking to hide certain feelings.

Words like jobs: Work on fulfillment. Frustrated or satisfied with life.

Words like new: Change. Time. Ready for a new start.

Words like space: Transcendence. Power. Timeless.S eeking for a spiritual experience.

Words like old: Long time. Mature. Sensible. Former times. Something could be completed or ready to be replace.

Words like talking: Conversation. Communication. Seeking for a way to express something.

Words like box: Want to keep something safe. Enclose. Contain.

Words like gray: Related with a transition period. If clear signifies peace but if dull signifies, fear.

Words like white: People feel they can rely on you. You have an abundance of energy and vitality.

Words like computer: Facility of communication.high technology. New areas opening.

Words like question: Call for reply. Controversy. Uncertainty. Expression of some doubts about something.

Words like city: Ambition Civilize order. Culture. Conclusion of hopes.

Words like make: Feminine projection. Improved image. How do you want to be seeing in the outside world.

Words like string: Hold together. Joining. Wishing to tie something together.

Words like waiting: Anticipation. Ready to take action.

Words like store: Abundance. Options. Variety.Seeking for new choices.

Words like buy: Average success. Good luck. Compensation. Reward.

Sweet dreams!

Thom_Edwards
Jun 12, 2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
:confused:

That's a bit hard for some of us to read.

this isn't as bad as some one on here i've seen--he never uses *any* sentence-ending punctuation. i'm in a bad habit of no capitalization, and i'm sure that's tough for some, but no periods at the ends of sentences is just impossible to read!

i dont know why you wouldnt use any punctuation makes things easier when you try to read something that way you know when the sentence ends you know what i mean:D

DTphonehome
Jun 12, 2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by FriarTuck
Courtesy of FreakyDreams.com (http://www.freakydreams.com)

Words like : Unexplained. Secret. You are curious about something going on around you.

Words like table: Place of activity. Workplace. Ready to start with your plans.

Words like or: Restricted vision. Cloud. Screen .Looking to hide certain feelings.

Words like jobs: Work on fulfillment. Frustrated or satisfied with life.

Words like new: Change. Time. Ready for a new start.

Words like space: Transcendence. Power. Timeless.S eeking for a spiritual experience.

Words like old: Long time. Mature. Sensible. Former times. Something could be completed or ready to be replace.

Words like talking: Conversation. Communication. Seeking for a way to express something.

Words like box: Want to keep something safe. Enclose. Contain.

Words like gray: Related with a transition period. If clear signifies peace but if dull signifies, fear.

Words like white: People feel they can rely on you. You have an abundance of energy and vitality.

Words like computer: Facility of communication.high technology. New areas opening.

Words like question: Call for reply. Controversy. Uncertainty. Expression of some doubts about something.

Words like city: Ambition Civilize order. Culture. Conclusion of hopes.

Words like make: Feminine projection. Improved image. How do you want to be seeing in the outside world.

Words like string: Hold together. Joining. Wishing to tie something together.

Words like waiting: Anticipation. Ready to take action.

Words like store: Abundance. Options. Variety.Seeking for new choices.

Words like buy: Average success. Good luck. Compensation. Reward.

Sweet dreams!

LOL, thanks for the analysis! I had no idea there was so much information trying to burst towards my conscious mind! I just hope it really meant we are going to see the predicted updates.

As for the formatting, I'm sorry it wasn't as legible as everyone would like it, I was just trying to get it down on paper before I forgot it. Fixed it now, and I'll continue to capitalize and punctuate. Can't flunk penmanship, after all.

DTphonehome
Jun 12, 2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Have you had dreams before after eating buffalo wings late at night? What is your track record for your dream predictions? I do agree that your dream will become reality with the G5, the last prediction that I saw on this site was for a shipping date no earlier than August. The best part is that is G 5 is in production! :)

Sorry, can't say that my dreams are a good indicator of future events. I think this one was just induced by too much time on the Mac Forums. But I have a feeling some of those products will soon see the light.

scem0
Jun 12, 2003, 10:58 PM
I had a dream about WWDC too! I fell asleep when I got home from school. I dreamt that I woke up and got on the computer to find that macrumors had some fresh new rumors. And guess what they were. News that ~5 different rumors sites had all learned from 'reliable sources' that the new powermacs would go up to 2.5 GHz, be available for shipping right away, and would have all the goodies (USB2, huge HD, capable of 32 GB or RAM, etc.). When I really woke up, I didn't realize I had dreamt this, and I ran to the computer to see if there were any updates, and the ones I had dreamt up were gone. I was like.... hmmmmmmmm 'did apple legal swoop down and force the withdrawl of these rumors?'. I saw no talk of them on the forums, and then I painfully realized it was all a dream. Sigh :o.

:( :D

http://www.my-smileys.de/signs/77430bbce83afc89881430e177cabb9b.png

Wardofsky
Jun 13, 2003, 01:09 AM
Oh well, start up a new show and claim that you can predict Apple events...

FriarTuck
Jun 13, 2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Wardofsky
Oh well, start up a new show and claim that you can predict Apple events...

You do that, and I'll have a show where I tell owners what their Macs are thinking...like the Pet Psychic. (http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/petpsychic/petpsychic.html)

And then someone else can have a show where they communicate with inoperative Macs, like John Edward (http://www.scifi.com/johnedward/)

We can have a whole channel of Mac channelers.

DTphonehome
Jun 13, 2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by FriarTuck
You do that, and I'll have a show where I tell owners what their Macs are thinking...like the Pet Psychic. (http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/petpsychic/petpsychic.html)

And then someone else can have a show where they communicate with inoperative Macs, like John Edward (http://www.scifi.com/johnedward/)

We can have a whole channel of Mac channelers.

While I'm making predictions, here's what I think will happen at WWDC...

1. New PowerBooks...definately a new 15", possibly a speed bump in the 12". No 970s in the PBs yet, maybe by Christmas.

2. G5 introduced, shipping within a month

3. Panther previewed (not exactly a prediction...that's almost fact at this point)

There will probably be several other small announcements, but those are the major ones I foresee. Alas, no iTablet or 970 PBs just yet. I don't think the new cinema displays will debut either, or the rumored video camera. There's no real profit in that, they go for like 75 bucks these days.

Just my 2 cents.

--DT

wdlove
Jun 13, 2003, 08:17 PM
My dream would be that they re-design the Cinema Display to go along with the new Power mac G5!