Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nonphixion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
hey everyone,

I just recently bought a mac book (white) and bought C&C 3 for it to run under the boot camp with vista.

now, I managed to get the boot camp with vista up and running, and was able to instal C&C. but when I get into say, a skirmish game, or whatever, it quits the program. it seems to be running fine at first but just quits. no errors or anything.

im not to sure, but could it possibly be because i only have 1 gb of ram? im really not to smart when it would come to computers, but i thought maybe that might have something to do with it, just because i thought i heard somewhere that you need to increase the ram to play stuff on vista. so i was thinking of upgrading to 2 gbs... but i wanted to see if anyone may know if the ram could be the possible issue or not before i do so in buying more ram.

thanks

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
Best advice. Do a search. There's half a dozen threads on the games performance already :) I know the answers in one of them, but yeah, a gig of ram, intergrated graphics and vista? No chance mate. Sorry.

seattle645

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2007
C&C doesnt support Vista

thats y it doesnt work. i have a question to though it does work on XP and i am running parelles will i be able to load it on to my mac book pro? and how do i go about this.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
thats y it doesnt work. i have a question to though it does work on XP and i am running parelles will i be able to load it on to my mac book pro? and how do i go about this.
Geez, please know what you're on about before posting - yes, it does support vista - doesn't offer support for Vista 64 - but other versions you're fine on.

And gaming? In parallels? You should know that's a no on any game, let alone one this powerful.

arbroathsmokie

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2005
Darlington
I'm using bootcamp 1.2 running XP, and I can get C&C 3 running, but as soon as the fighting begins, C&C 3 just stops. The built-in graphics memory (as I ain't calling it a card) doesn't have the grunt to run it I'm afraid.

So I'm back to playing C&C: The First Decade, which I main add works a treat on my Macbook.

JayMike

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
hey everyone,

I just recently bought a mac book (white) and bought C&C 3 for it to run under the boot camp with vista.

now, I managed to get the boot camp with vista up and running, and was able to instal C&C. but when I get into say, a skirmish game, or whatever, it quits the program. it seems to be running fine at first but just quits. no errors or anything.

im not to sure, but could it possibly be because i only have 1 gb of ram? im really not to smart when it would come to computers, but i thought maybe that might have something to do with it, just because i thought i heard somewhere that you need to increase the ram to play stuff on vista. so i was thinking of upgrading to 2 gbs... but i wanted to see if anyone may know if the ram could be the possible issue or not before i do so in buying more ram.

thanks

I have the same issue, did you ever find a way to make it work?

mainomega

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
I own a 17" 2.4 MBP... I installed C&C3 running with everything in high and at a resolution of 1680x1050 and it runs amazing. No slowdowns or anything. I know you own a macbook but it has been proven that vista slows down some games. why not just use XP ?

toonz

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2007
I'm using bootcamp 1.2 running XP, and I can get C&C 3 running, but as soon as the fighting begins, C&C 3 just stops. The built-in graphics memory (as I ain't calling it a card) doesn't have the grunt to run it I'm afraid.

So I'm back to playing C&C: The First Decade, which I main add works a treat on my Macbook.

If you hunt around C&C3 definitely DOES work on a Macbook Bootcamp and XP. Just put the Shaders setting to 'Medium' and all will be well. A little slow at times, but I've finished all 3 campaigns so it definitely works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.