PDA

View Full Version : buying on ebay

burritos
Jun 12, 2003, 09:59 PM
Does buying apple products on ebay constitute as support for apple?

Kwyjibo
Jun 12, 2003, 10:41 PM
definately...any active mac user supports apple...now its time to upgrade when you need to and buy more apple products whenever possible- j/j - why are you so worried about supporting apple?

burritos
Jun 12, 2003, 11:53 PM
Most of the Mac stuff I get(OSX, TiBook, Airport, Macgames, Sonnet Card) is off of Ebay. I can usually get it for a lot cheaper compared to retail. I know that buying directly from apple gives them more money to grow and develop more products. I'm only one consumer but I don't have enough money to pay retail, at least I'm not patient enough to wait till I save enough money. Thus the question. Does buying second had apple stuff support apple?

Wardofsky
Jun 13, 2003, 03:08 AM
You can make huge savings using E-Bay, you just need to be able to make sure it is what it is (fraud) and that you can handle a 2nd hand product.

hvfsl
Jun 13, 2003, 04:55 AM
Buying a second hand Mac of Ebay often means the person you are buying it off is then able to get a new Mac. So Apple is still getting their money.

Also only get something off Ebay if you can pay by credit card or if you can pick the item up. I know one person who lost 1200 (about $1900) because he bid for and won a 15in 1Ghz PB G4 and 23in Apple Cinema Display. But made the mistake of paying by money transfer and lost his money because it was a con.

jefhatfield
Jun 14, 2003, 06:56 AM
also when you buy a used mac, there will be that chance you may eventually buy one or more of the many software offerings apple has for the mac:)