PDA

View Full Version : Airport Extreme: w/ G4 ibook & hardline PC via cable modem

kittybear
Apr 3, 2007, 11:33 PM
My brand new airport extreme base station works seamlessly with my g4 ibook However, when I attempt to connect my desktop PC via a LAN port to the base station, the pc claims that the cable is unplugged; I assure you it is not. The Ethernet cable is in perfect condition (tested it 3X elsewhere) and it is snuggly within each respective port.

The original Internet connection in the house was via a roadrunner provided, rca cable modem to the PC, but w/ a USB connection. However the modem does also have an Ethernet port, which as I mentioned above is working perfectly to provide me w/ a wireless connection through the extreme base station to my G4 ibook.

Because Time Warner via roadrunner configured the pc to connect to the Internet via USB, do I now need to reconfigure my Pc to enable it to connect to the Internet via an Ethernet cable? If so, how do I do that (please help :)?

Or, do I have to surrender and call Time Warner to request a new modem and have their tech set it up? If so, what should I specifically ask of them so they don't sell me something I do not need?

Many thanks in advance for the efforts and time of all responders /KB