PDA

View Full Version : Wii Nunchuck Question

KettyKrueger
Apr 4, 2007, 05:00 AM
Hi All

Forgive my ignorance here, I'm getting a Wii in the next couple of days. I'm just wondering, what does the Nunchuck do? Justing wondering if I need to buy a second one.

Thanks.

Chris Bangle
Apr 4, 2007, 05:26 AM
On wii sports boxing its used as your left hand when boxing.(only wii sports games that uses the nunchuck) On zelda its used quite alot. They are the only two games ive got but if you intend on buying a second wiimote then theres no reason not to fork out for a nunchuck. But at the moment there arnt many games that use it to my knowledge. Obiosly zelda does but the excite truck thing doesnt. Soooo ummm theres to reason to have 2 nunchucks just for the hell of it. Sorry for this crap answer but i hope ive informed you a little bit.

Dunepilot
Apr 4, 2007, 05:38 AM
Of the games that I own, all of them use the nunchuck at some level or other. Often it's mainly for the addition of the analogue stick in your left hand, but most make use of the motion sensing also. Warioware even has some two-player minigames that you can play with one wiimote plugged into the nunchuck, so each person holds one like a skipping rope.

The nunchuck is like a wiimote minus the infared pointing, rumble, speaker, but adding an analogue stick.

ChrisK018
Apr 4, 2007, 08:37 AM
The entertainment value of watching two people flail around like idiots during Wii Sports boxing could help you decide...

But that's the only time I've felt it necessary. Kind of depends on how much two player games you're hoping to play.

rhoydotp
Apr 4, 2007, 09:07 AM
get at least 2 nunchucks for boxing, tanks & madden :)