PDA

View Full Version : Any idea on Wii VC Star Wars Games?

ceruleanventure
Apr 4, 2007, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know if Nintendo plans on releasing older Star Wars games for VC?
I assumed by the number of Star Wars games Nintendo has had in the past that they would plan on releasing some of them, perhaps N64's Podracer etc. The lack of new star wars titles or old ones offered for the Wii is one of the main reasons I haven't purchased one yet :o (Since I'm a big Star Wars fan)

ghall
Apr 4, 2007, 02:49 PM
I don't know, but I hope so. Star Wars Rogue Squadron for the N64 was one of my favorite games!

JackAxe
Apr 4, 2007, 03:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that would be a definite yes. :) LA seems to be a rererelease-bundled-collectors-edition-type game company these days. They jsut haven't been the same since the ninties.

I still have RS for my Nintendo 64. I really enjoyed this game, along with RS2 on the Cube. Well, I played RS3's RS2 co-op mode. :) I also liked Shadow of the Empire, not sure what I did with my cart.

I hope you played the original X-Wing? If not. :eek: :eek: :eek:

What happened to Lucas Arts? After RS was released, their quality really started to slip big time. This has been the era of low quality arcade cheese. X-Wing is still one of the best space combat simulators I've played and I couldn't imagine the LA of today producing a game that was even remotely as good.

<]=)

GFLPraxis
Apr 4, 2007, 05:23 PM
I
What happened to Lucas Arts? After RS was released, their quality really started to slip big time.

I liked Star Wars Episode 1 Racer and RS2, too.

Sky Blue
Apr 4, 2007, 07:09 PM
super star wars, empire and jedi were awesome. These games will be stuck in licensing hell..hopefully they make it out one day.

JackAxe
Apr 4, 2007, 07:15 PM
I liked Star Wars Episode 1 Racer and RS2, too.

Pod Racer was CHEEEEEESE!!!! :p

<]=)

JackAxe
Apr 4, 2007, 07:19 PM
super star wars, empire and jedi were awesome. These games will be stuck in licensing hell..hopefully they make it out one day.

I just remember how difficult these games were. I personally don't know anyone that has beat them.

<]=)

Sky Blue
Apr 4, 2007, 09:34 PM
I just remember how difficult these games were. I personally don't know anyone that has beat them.

<]=)

I and everyone I knew who had them, beat them.

Keebler
Apr 4, 2007, 09:41 PM
great question! i don't even own a Wii, but man oh man...i'd be so tempted to get one if they had a SW game.

and i would think that nintendo wouldn't be idiotic and not make the first game a lightsaber game. can you imagine? using force push and lightsaber.

my 5 year old, LUCAS, is a huge SW fan too.

I could totally see him and his old man (me) saber dueling with my wife shaking her head in the background.

wicked :)

ninewhereman
Apr 5, 2007, 06:25 AM
I pray that we see Super Star Wars come to the VC. That game would have me drooling while I waited for the shop to load. Almost makes me wanna go out buy an SNES.

Jovian9
Apr 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
Pod Racer was CHEEEEEESE!!!! :p

<]=)

I would love for Pod Racer to come to VC (or to the 360 Arcade). My wife and I played this game for years :)