PDA

View Full Version : MR Forum styles

mmmdreg
Jun 13, 2003, 07:44 AM
Lol I only just realised there was also a MacOSX style for these forums. Which one do you use? This is kinda confusing but. There seems to be a lack of a link back to macrumors.com but only to the index of the forums.

Wardofsky
Jun 13, 2003, 07:58 AM
I tried out the Mac OS X style sheet but in the end changed back to the default after problems with the forums.

It was okay for a while, but it had to load additional images which I didn't think was necessary.

vniow
Jun 13, 2003, 01:38 PM
OSX. Its so pretty!

And that is one trippy 'tar Wardofsky...

Wardofsky
Jun 13, 2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by vniow
OSX. Its so pretty!

And that is one trippy 'tar Wardofsky...

Thanks, I had a few but I had to resize them, each 2 pixels over the limit.

Freg3000
Jun 13, 2003, 05:37 PM
I have used the OS X theme since the beginning. The old style seems so weird to me when I check forums at MacRumors from a different computer.

King Cobra
Jun 13, 2003, 06:01 PM
The OS X theme is pretty, compared to the cold and unstylish vB implantation. :rolleyes:

I've used the OS X theme for about 6 months.

funkywhat2
Jun 13, 2003, 09:40 PM
I had to switch back to the default after I lost my cable service, everythin was taking so damn long to load. Now it's very fast (for a page of any type on dial-up), and I have since become used to it.

AtariST
Jun 13, 2003, 09:53 PM
Much nicer, didn't know that was there.

shadowfax
Jun 13, 2003, 10:22 PM
i can't stand that purple one. it looks so ugly to me. i have used the OS X theme since i found it, just days after i signed up for the forum. that was like 9 months ago, i guess.

evil
Jun 13, 2003, 10:40 PM
ahhh!!! i didnt know it was there either.
its nice looking.

jimthorn
Jun 13, 2003, 10:55 PM
Ah, this is much better. I never noticed the option either. Thanks mmmdreg.

bertagert
Jun 13, 2003, 11:51 PM
Yeah the purple is a little, well, too purple for me. Have you guys seen http://www.ipodlounge.com's (http://ipodlounge.com/forums/) forums?

Same bullentin board (vBulletin) as here. They did an excellent job on the colors/fonts. Very easy on the eyes!

irmongoose
Jun 14, 2003, 12:34 AM
Ever since vniow posted a screenshot of the forums using the OS X style about 5, 6 months back, I've been using it. I was like, 'Hey, how'd you do that vniow? Unless the forums has another style...' and lo and behold I went to the options and there it was.

irmongoose

scem0
Jun 14, 2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Freg3000
I have used the OS X theme since the beginning. The old style seems so weird to me when I check forums at MacRumors from a different computer.
I agree. I think the whole site needs a make-over though. Its the (pretty much) exact same as when it was founded.

http://www.my-smileys.de/signs/77430bbce83afc89881430e177cabb9b.png

Kwyjibo
Jun 14, 2003, 09:25 AM
yeah i use the purple because its easy....too lazy to change it and the osx wasn't that great imo. I asked Arn about it and he said maybe in a future version users might be able to have more options.... that would be a great contest design a forum layout for an avatar...