Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alpinism

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
From the new 8 core release today, I have a feeling next Sunday we will see a multi core capable FCP6 if not the entire FCS suite. I was really hoping that at least they will make the 4 core 2.66 as the base model but the update today is truly a win-lose situation. Win for Apple , lose for the consumers. Hopefully we will see something more exciting next sunday !

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
From the new 8 core release today, I have a feeling next Sunday we will see a multi core capable FCP6 if not the entire FCS suite. I was really hoping that at least they will make the 4 core 2.66 as the base model but the update today is truly a win-lose situation. Win for Apple , lose for the consumers. Hopefully we will see something more exciting next sunday !

Expect it at NAB... I doubt they'd release their flagship editing software before it.

Alpinism

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
yeah, next sunday (april 15) = NAB

i say final cut extreme will utilize all 8 core of 3 ghz to edit 2k,4k footage from the RED ONE

VideoTour

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2007
New Mexico
I was really hoping that at least they will make the 4 core 2.66 as the base model !

There might still be a market for (and leftover stock of) the quad 2.0, so I don't mind it staying in the Apple Store... but I was seriously hoping to see a price drop on the quad 2.66, which I lovingly refer to as "my next Mac."
I'll be spending a great deal of time at the Apple booth at NAB, hunting/anticipating good news on multiple fronts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.