PDA

View Full Version : Would you stop reading rumor sites to avoid an anti climax

ssamani
Jun 13, 2003, 10:12 AM
I just had a thought. The last few expos I've ended up finding the whole thing an anticlimax because the rumor (and Canadian Time) sites had got everthing covered. Filtering through the stuff that was all guff, I knew that the iTMS was coming on which date, with what prices and the relevant business model - even the DRM enhanced MP4. As one commentator said it was an anticlimax, not because it was boring but because there were no surprises.

Even the 12" and 17" PowerBooks were announced on MacRumors, although no-one predicted Keynote.

So I have been pondering leaving the rumor sites for a coulpe of weeks, so when I come in a read the news on 24th June, I'll be surprised.

What do you reckon?

Freg3000
Jun 13, 2003, 10:20 AM
I like something in-between. Having some of the details, but not all of it. For example, I was glad to know that there was going to be a 17" PowerBook, but I was surprised about the backlit keyboard.

jethroted
Jun 16, 2003, 02:10 PM
I think it's always good to hear about things before they come out. It builds hype. I like to find out which rumors are true, and which were not. No matter how much I heard about itunes4, once they released it, I was happier than a pig in mud.