PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a USB to USB wireless dongle to convert GH2 guitar wireless

wwooden
Apr 4, 2007, 09:54 PM
My goal is to find a USB dongle kit that I can use to make the xbox 360 Guitar Hero 2 guitar wireless. What I'm looking for is 2 USB dongles, similar to what come with many wireless mice. One would plug into the 360 console, the other would accept a mail USB cable from the guitar. I will then cut and shorten the USB cable on the guitar, add a battery pack for power, and an on/off switch.

I've been looking around but can't find a USB wireless kit like I am trying to find. Anyone have an idea of where I can look? Or am I just crazy in trying to do this?

applekid
Apr 4, 2007, 10:12 PM
Or am I just crazy in trying to do this?

*cough cough* :rolleyes:

Your closest bet is hoping that the wireless USB Hub is compatible with the X-Box 360. Belkin makes one, I believe. Not 100% sure if it works nor do I think it even will. If it somehow magically works out, expect to spend $200 on the hub alone.

Try to impress me though. I quite like my wireless PS2 Guitar Hero controller. I don't understand why they could've just made a wireless controller with a USB dongle and get around Microsoft's proprietary wireless restrictions. Maybe Red Octane is saving that for later?

zelmo
Apr 5, 2007, 12:19 PM
I remember reading an interview with the developer somewhere, maybe GameSpot, where they implied that a wireless GH 360 controller was coming in the near future.
It's the only reason I'm holding off on buying the game and a 2nd guitar.

Well, that and the news about Rock Band.:)