PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 Wii!

Chone
Apr 5, 2007, 12:16 AM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/778/778248p1.html

Apparently its real and coming soon enough, it will be interesting to see how RE4 plays on the Wii but it is a little bit disappointing to see yet another Cube port. Still for those who missed it on Cube and PS2 they are in for a hell of a ride and even the RE4 vets might like to give it yet another go :).

Oh and this line really made me giggle:

"The producers of the Wii version revealed to Famitsu that one of their goals is to allow families who play the Wii together to experience Resident Evil. The game will include "Easy" and "Amateur" difficulty settings, selectable from the start, that will make aiming easier and keep your life from depleting too fast."

Putting an easy mode so the whole family can play? Isn't this an M-Rated game with tons of gore, horror and inappropriate content for minors and unappealing content for other family members? Heck, Nintendo might be taking the whole "family" thing (which I think is downright ridiculous) too far.

Sorry I just realized this is already in another thread :o

TheGimp
Apr 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/778/778248p1.html

Oh and this line really made me giggle:

"The producers of the Wii version revealed to Famitsu that one of their goals is to allow families who play the Wii together to experience Resident Evil. The game will include "Easy" and "Amateur" difficulty settings, selectable from the start, that will make aiming easier and keep your life from depleting too fast."

Putting an easy mode so the whole family can play? Isn't this an M-Rated game with tons of gore, horror and inappropriate content for minors and unappealing content for other family members? Heck, Nintendo might be taking the whole "family" thing (which I think is downright ridiculous) too far.

Sorry I just realized this is already in another thread :o

A "family" doesn't have to include little children or teens. Most families in America are dysfunctional, but many grown-up and partially grown-up families do more together than just maintaining contact. A "family" could be three grown brothers who play RE4 with their stoned widow grandmother fighting cancer who happens to love over the top horror flicks such as Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive". :P

Dagless
Apr 5, 2007, 09:00 AM
Or be a clever bean and take off the Gore options in easy mode. Or just put the option in for anymode. Adult and suck at it? Easy mode, tick Gore box. Child present? untick Gore box.

Rail shooters are just twich/reaction based games. They could totally remove blood and the game would still work. Hell if this game is just Point Blank with a Resident Evil/Zombie theming then it would still work.

greatdevourer
Apr 5, 2007, 02:29 PM
Um... what do they mean "add" Easy. I'm pretty sure my Cube version has it :confused: (you start with the shotgun)

dan-o-mac
Apr 5, 2007, 03:48 PM
Or be a clever bean and take off the Gore options in easy mode. Or just put the option in for anymode. Adult and suck at it? Easy mode, tick Gore box. Child present? untick Gore box.

Rail shooters are just twich/reaction based games. They could totally remove blood and the game would still work. Hell if this game is just Point Blank with a Resident Evil/Zombie theming then it would still work.

:confused: Resident Evil 4 isn't a rail shooter.

RE4 is one of my favorite games. I'm not sure I would buy it again just to use Wiimotes, they would have to add something extra.

Dagless
Apr 5, 2007, 07:09 PM
:confused: Resident Evil 4 isn't a rail shooter.

RE4 is one of my favorite games. I'm not sure I would buy it again just to use Wiimotes, they would have to add something extra.

The first bit was for RE4. The 2nd was for REWii.

tyr2
Apr 5, 2007, 07:26 PM
Lets hope it's better than the recent PC port, which by most accounts is terrible.

zap2
Apr 5, 2007, 07:37 PM
Not sure if I'll pick it up...I have it for the NGC, and its a great game. Never beat it, but not sure if the Wii Remote add on would make it all that much better.

I want a new RE for the Wii...and not a rail shooter, and really RE