PDA

View Full Version : PS3, Component Input, and Dell 2407 issues...

technocoy
Apr 5, 2007, 03:12 PM
Hey all,

Anyone have their PS3 hooked up via component to their Dell 24"? I can get it to work on my HDTV, but I can't get a signal on the Dell. It sends a black screen for about two-three seconds and then kills the signal.

I have my MacPro going through the DVI and my 360 through the VGA and would love to run the PS3 through the Component, but it won't work at all...

Any info is appreciated.

Technocoy.

sikkinixx
Apr 5, 2007, 04:09 PM
is the dell monitor HDCP compat? I know for HDMI the monitor/tv needs to have HDCP for the PS3 to work on it....dunno about component though. You won't be able to watch Blu-Ray movies unless ya plug'r into the DVI port either if you didn't already know that.

amtctt
Apr 5, 2007, 04:22 PM
is the dell monitor HDCP compat? I know for HDMI the monitor/tv needs to have HDCP for the PS3 to work on it....dunno about component though. You won't be able to watch Blu-Ray movies unless ya plug'r into the DVI port either if you didn't already know that.

i don't think it needs to be HDCP to run games through component, just BD.

amtctt
Apr 5, 2007, 04:24 PM
Hey all,

Anyone have their PS3 hooked up via component to their Dell 24"? I can get it to work on my HDTV, but I can't get a signal on the Dell. It sends a black screen for about two-three seconds and then kills the signal.

I have my MacPro going through the DVI and my 360 through the VGA and would love to run the PS3 through the Component, but it won't work at all...

Any info is appreciated.

Technocoy.

Did you set the res on the PS3 prior to hooking it up to the Dell monitor? if so what did you set it to? i'd try maybe changing it do a couple different rez's and see what happens.

technocoy
Apr 5, 2007, 04:38 PM
after an hour and a half of fiddling with it... turning it on and off, etc, I just unplugged the dell and plugged it back in and it worked!

Only thing is that when I try and set to 1080p through component, the Dell says it's out of range and to set the source to 60hz? That's weird. Tried my 360 and it does the same damn thing.

UGH.

And it looks craptacular with 720. 1080 is all jumpy like the refresh is ultra low or it can't deinterlace properly or something.

Thanks for the advice so far, guys.

pseudobrit
Apr 5, 2007, 05:10 PM
I know this doesn't answer your question, but why aren't you using the DVI port on the Dell?

technocoy
Apr 5, 2007, 05:37 PM
Well I was hoping to have all three inputs so I could switch between them easily.

I didn't want to pay for a over-priced DVI KVM switch just for this, but it appears I may have too.

Oh well.

EM87
Apr 5, 2007, 08:51 PM
You may get some help over here (http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=50722) for your problem.

technocoy
Apr 5, 2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks EM87, but I couldn't seem to find the same problem.

I've got it working but I can't get it to go into 1080p mode for some reason. The dell comes up and says the signal is out of range and needs to be 60hz....

I wonder if there is any way to adjust that or if I'm just stuck with it.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

technocoy

pseudobrit
Apr 6, 2007, 01:53 PM
Well I was hoping to have all three inputs so I could switch between them easily.

I didn't want to pay for a over-priced DVI KVM switch just for this, but it appears I may have too.

Oh well.

Monoprice has them for something like $120.

edit: Or you could use an HDMI box for $28.

technocoy
Apr 6, 2007, 03:40 PM
you know, I found a DVI male -> two DVI female splitter last night for like 16 bucks. I may give it a try. I won't be running them at the same time, I just don't want to have to switch the cable everytime. and then when I have the moola I can get a KVM i guess.

pseudobrit
Apr 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
you know, I found a DVI male -> two DVI female splitter last night for like 16 bucks. I may give it a try. I won't be running them at the same time, I just don't want to have to switch the cable everytime. and then when I have the moola I can get a KVM i guess.

Be careful when getting the splitter cables. They only run one way, and most of the cheaper ones are designed to run one source to multiple monitors. Double check the box has one DVI/HDMI out and two DVI/HDMI in ports specifically labelled.