PDA

View Full Version : What to do for shoulder?

gadgetgirl85
Apr 6, 2007, 01:36 AM
I think I've pulled a muscle in my dodgy shoulder. Felt this pulling pain when I reached for something too far away this morning. Put ice on it and still sore. Anything else I should do?

nickster9224
Apr 6, 2007, 01:56 AM
ice for 1st 48hrs heat for atleast 36 hrs after that

kretzy
Apr 6, 2007, 01:58 AM
If pain persists, see your doctor or physio.

mad jew
Apr 6, 2007, 02:17 AM
ice for 1st 48hrs heat for atleast 36 hrs after that

For a pulled muscle? That seems a bit excessive. Still, ice then heat is a good thing. :)

heehee
Apr 6, 2007, 07:45 AM
Hot shower and stretch. If you have a bath or whirlpool, even better. Or go to a massage therapist, they do wonders. Hope you feel better soon. :)

PlaceofDis
Apr 6, 2007, 07:48 AM
For a pulled muscle? That seems a bit excessive. Still, ice then heat is a good thing. :)

yes.
ice it for the 24-36 hours to keep any swelling or the torn muscles down,
and then heat it to help keep it healing

take it easy and don't strain it anymore until its back at 100%.
but definitely ice and heat.

if its still hurting in a few days. get to a doctor.

Sun Baked
Apr 6, 2007, 07:58 AM
Didn't Major Payne have a foolproof method for making you forget about you pain.

Something like...

"He tells the man that he will help him get his mind off his hurting arm, then proceeds to break the helpless man's fingers."

MongoTheGeek
Apr 6, 2007, 08:23 AM
Advil or some other NSAID will also help a lot.

Heat is good as well.

Phat Elvis
Apr 6, 2007, 10:40 AM
I agree, people underutilize advil and NSAIDS. If you think that the muscle is inflammed/pulled then take advil every 8 hours for at least a day. If the pain is gone in the AM then forget about it.

Also, if it's your dominant shoulder then make sure your mouse and keyboard are in good position. Wouldn't want an injury to keep you off the internet...