Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaddict23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
MacVille, USA
I created a rectangular shape in Photoshop, selected it and applied a stroke with a "Location" of "Outside." For some reason, Photoshop is rounding off the corners, or mitering(sp) the selection. I've tried this at different resolutions, without any luck. And no, the selection is not feathered. Any clues? Thanks!

macaddict23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
MacVille, USA
I know, I tried that. :) But there shouldn't be a reason why it would rounded when you specify the stroke to be "outside."

mickhyperion

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2004
As a workaround, you might try inverting your selection before stroking, use the "inside" option, then manually erase the excess stroke from your inverted selection. That should give you square edges outside the selection you actually want. Probably best to work on a separate layer too.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
Yeah it's exactly like 20rogersc said.

Sorry, but that is just the way strokes work in Photoshop.

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
Create your selection, then choose "Select>Modify>Expand"
Expand the selection by the stroke width, then use the stroke inside function.

ChicoWeb

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2004
California
Or you can copy the layer, and put it behind it then transform it to your required size. It's a cheap, but sometimes it faster then doing a lot of the things suggested.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.