PDA

View Full Version : am i limited to just a single processor G4 gigabit?

kenmasters8319
Apr 6, 2007, 10:44 PM
i got a question regarding cpu upgrades..

i want to know is it possible to put a dual processors in a single processor 400mhz G4 Gigabit model..

because i am thinking of upgrading the cpu and need to know will a dual processor go in correctly without upgrading the motherboard.

product26
Apr 6, 2007, 10:46 PM
i got a question regarding cpu upgrades..

i want to know is it possible to put a dual processors in a single processor 400mhz G4 Gigabit model..

because i am thinking of upgrading the cpu and need to know will a dual processor go in correctly without upgrading the motherboard.

check the CPU upgrade manufacturer's website and check to see if they list any for your particular model.

TEG
Apr 6, 2007, 11:10 PM
From the second generation PowerMac G4s through the final ones, they utilized the same interconnect to the motherboard, and all the speed setting were set on the processor's daughter card. I have seen here people upgrading gigabit G4s to Dual 1.4Ghz. with little problem, aside for the memory not being adequate to support the full potential of the processor.

You should have no problem with it, just make sure you upgrade the memory to maximum before upgrading.

tEG