noel4r
Jun 14, 2003, 11:47 AM
i say no

jethroted
Jun 14, 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Vlade
The MacAddict team is having a poll to see if they should merge, please vote

http://www.macaddict.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21913

Where do you do the polling, I just get a screen with the results when I go to your link.

Vlade
Jun 14, 2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by jethroted
Where do you do the polling, I just get a screen with the results when I go to your link.

You have to log in first :p

pEZ
Jun 14, 2003, 01:23 PM
I don't know. Merging with Mac Addict would be a start, but it won't do that much, like that one guy said on their boards.

In order for a merge to be effective and shocking, more has to be done. That means three or more teams merging into one, and that also means a central page of communication. We aren't there yet, because everyone is refusing to take any initiative.

Hey arn, Duke, eye, or Rower, how about putting a poll like that on the MacRumors site? It would only help to get things rolling.

Phatpat
Jun 19, 2003, 01:41 AM
I think any small step is a start. If we can get 2 teams to merge, then it will be much easier to get more. I see that the hard part is the transition and someone will lose a lot of points...but somebody needs to take some initiative and make this happen. If we acquire a domain and put some discussion boards on it I could see this happening pretty quickly and easily.

Rower_CPU
Jun 19, 2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by pEZ
I don't know. Merging with Mac Addict would be a start, but it won't do that much, like that one guy said on their boards.

In order for a merge to be effective and shocking, more has to be done. That means three or more teams merging into one, and that also means a central page of communication. We aren't there yet, because everyone is refusing to take any initiative.

Hey arn, Duke, eye, or Rower, how about putting a poll like that on the MacRumors site? It would only help to get things rolling.

Sorry, but polls have been disabled for a while due to abuse. This thread is going to be your best bet.

MrMacMan
Jun 19, 2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Sorry, but polls have been disabled for a while due to abuse. This thread is going to be your best bet.

Yes, but if I remember a mod /me thunks it was you opened a poll and everyone was like 'wow how did you open a poll' and I remember it was that they (you?) were a mod and had access.

Anyway, its not like we, the regular members have that option.

Rower_CPU
Jun 19, 2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Yes, but if I remember a mod /me thunks it was you opened a poll and everyone was like 'wow how did you open a poll' and I remember it was that they (you?) were a mod and had access.

Anyway, its not like we, the regular members have that option.

It wasn't me, and in order to do it you have to do some crazy stuff with old polls that were already created.

jimthorn
Jun 19, 2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Phatpat
I think any small step is a start. If we can get 2 teams to merge, then it will be much easier to get more. I see that the hard part is the transition and someone will lose a lot of points...but somebody needs to take some initiative and make this happen.

I agree. We're not going to be able to progress much further in the team ranks unless we seriously increase our number of computers folding.

If we acquire a domain and put some discussion boards on it I could see this happening pretty quickly and easily.

I've done all my folding for our team, but isn't that what Team Mac OS X (http://teammacosx.homeunix.com/) is? A Mac folding team, with a domain, discussion boards, etc? What about merging with them?

Vlade
Jun 19, 2003, 08:06 PM
Nobody seamed to vote, and to think if you all made an account and voted we could have an extra 10-20K a week.

jimthorn
Jun 19, 2003, 09:38 PM
Nobody seamed to vote, and to think if you all made an account and voted we could have an extra 10-20K a week.

It's not over! The voting period has been extended to get more people to participate. For what it's worth, I just voted to combine their team with ours.

pEZ
Jun 19, 2003, 10:15 PM

I know you didn't intend the connotation surrounding that post, but it almost sounds like we should vote to dupe MacAddict4Life to join the MacRumors team. Nonononono.

The only way it will work is if we BOTH give up our current stats and start a third, completely different team, and then other teams should break down and join the conglomerate team.

jimthorn
Jun 20, 2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by pEZ
The only way it will work is if we BOTH give up our current stats and start a third, completely different team, and then other teams should break down and join the conglomerate team.

Why give up everything? All Mac folders should just jump onto the highest ranking Mac team. Sure, the other team points will be "lost", but starting over from scratch would be too discouraging for everyone. Whatever team is chosen could be renamed to something everyone agrees on.