Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IJC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
I have a video iPod bought in the middle east in January 06. Bought the wife a Nano last xmas and the brother in law got one aswell. When I have been going through theirs I found a search function that you can select a letter and get the results of song/artist etc. Why haven't I got it? Is there any way I can get it? I have clicked the update and it says I have the latest software. 1.2.1. I think.

If there is no way I can get this is there anyway I can reduce teh time it takes for the letters to appear when you scroll fast?

Thanks for any help

Also another one. I have synced my podcasts with my home computer, if i plug into my laptop will the podcasts be wiped off as there are no podcasts in my laptop itunes. And my laptop is also authorised.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I think you have unfortunately got a 5G rather than 5.5G iPod Video so you don't get the search function. This seems especially likely as you got it in the Middle East and their stock of iPods is likely to be older than in the UK/US.

IJC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
I think you have unfortunately got a 5G rather than 5.5G iPod Video so you don't get the search function. This seems especially likely as you got it in the Middle East and their stock of iPods is likely to be older than in the UK/US.

so no chance of getting a software update then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.