PDA

View Full Version : Slovenian Man Swims the Amazon

WildCowboy
Apr 7, 2007, 08:15 PM
Yes, all 3,272 miles of it in nine weeks. :eek:

Linkety (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/04/07/international/i174321D92.DTL)

dartzorichalcos
Apr 7, 2007, 08:31 PM
If you have a dream that might seem impossible at first, don't give up, just follow it and keep on trying.:) You'll will be victorious sooner or later.

devilot
Apr 7, 2007, 08:34 PM
Forget the fatigue, cramps, pirahanas, and other scary stuffs... he got second degree burns all over from sun exposure! :eek: Still quite the feat, especially considering he set three previous world records for distance.

Abstract
Apr 7, 2007, 08:41 PM
If you have a dream that might seem impossible at first, don't give up, just follow it and keep on trying.:) You'll will be victorious sooner or later.

In other situations, I might agree with you, but....

*smack*

What's wrong with you!

dmw007
Apr 7, 2007, 09:17 PM
Wow, that guy is amazing. The amount of endurance such a feat would require is simply unreal. :eek: :)

b0tt094
Apr 7, 2007, 09:30 PM
The human race never Ceases to amaze me (like now) and disappoint me

dsnort
Apr 7, 2007, 09:35 PM
Wow, I can't imagine. I once swam 4.5 miles by accident, with current. I can't imagine going this far.

Lixivial
Apr 7, 2007, 09:50 PM
I just love the quote at the end, as it really summarizes Mr. Strel's world view:

"I am not going to do the Nile. It's long but not challenging enough, it is just a small creek, he said. "The Amazon is much more mighty."

What a wonderfully amazing thing. :)

dmw007
Apr 7, 2007, 10:19 PM
Wow, I can't imagine. I once swam 4.5 miles by accident, with current. I can't imagine going this far.

You accidentally swam 4.5 miles? :confused:

dsnort
Apr 7, 2007, 10:24 PM
You accidentally swam 4.5 miles? :confused:

Typical college weekend, too much alcohol, too few active neurons. Swam the Withalacoochee river from springs to the take out point,( it was a tubing river ).

Seemed like a good idea when we started, felt like a death march by the time we finished. (I'm estimating 4.5 miles, seemed like 45 ).

dmw007
Apr 8, 2007, 07:56 AM
Typical college weekend, too much alcohol, too few active neurons. Swam the Withalacoochee river from springs to the take out point,( it was a tubing river ).

I hope you were not drunk while you were swimming! :eek:

Seemed like a good idea when we started, felt like a death march by the time we finished. (I'm estimating 4.5 miles, seemed like 45 ).

Well, glad to hear that you survived dsnort. And swimming 4.5 miles is still impressive. :)