PDA

View Full Version : Wii First Person Shooter

sam10685
Apr 9, 2007, 01:55 AM
what game should I get?

applekid
Apr 9, 2007, 02:13 AM
Stay away from Red Steel (but at least it has multiplayer).

Call of Duty 3 was pretty good except for these silly moments where you had fight a Nazi who grabs your rifle. I lowered the sensitivity to have a better control on aiming. Your mileage may vary. It's single player only though. The AI is kind of iffy at times.

Medal of Honor supposedly has amazing graphics, albeit choppy at times. The multiplayer is supposedly pretty good, too. The controls however are not as good as CoD3 according to reviews.

Sorry, I have only played Red Steel and CoD3. I'd pick CoD3 for single player. Red Steel was kind of okay for multiplayer, but the maps felt to small and arena-like. They were pretty redundant.

Ja Di ksw
Apr 9, 2007, 02:53 AM
MonkeyBall has a multiplayer FPS in it :D

I would just wait for Metroid.

belovedmonster
Apr 9, 2007, 03:47 AM
Medal of Honor supposedly has amazing graphics

No. Medal of Honor is the first game that doesnt look like a PS2 title. Theres a slight difference. Unfortunately the Wii is yet to get any games that really show what it can do graphically. In fact in a lot of cases the games have been sub Gamecube. :eek:

None of the 3 games you mention are all that great (Red Steel is positively bad), so if it was me I wouldnt buy any of them. But then again I have always been someone who only buys critically acclaimed games. You obviously want a FPS so bad you dont care if you spend your hard earned money on a second rate game. Personally I'd never do that :cool:

Of the 3 Call of Duty is seen as the least crap.

Dagless
Apr 9, 2007, 05:27 AM
And Twilight Princess could have been done on a PS2, come on now ;) and that's a game developed for a last gen system.

I'm looking into that Vanguard game, only because I've played the other 2 and whilst enjoying them, wouldn't buy them.

2nyRiggz
Apr 9, 2007, 07:39 AM
^I'm sure it could of been with those ****** up graphics and text;)

As of right now there is no FPS on the wii worth getting or playing for that matter...all of them suck.

Wait for MP: C to get a decent FPS experience...and even then we don't know but it looks to be on the up and up.

Bless

Sky Blue
Apr 9, 2007, 08:11 AM
Super Paper Mario.

Motley
Apr 9, 2007, 11:22 AM
Far Cry!

:D

zap2
Apr 9, 2007, 12:21 PM
Voted Red Steel...but I've never played Metal of Honor for the Wii...but honestly neither (Red Steel or COD3) were great games on the Wii, decent, but there are better ones to buy IMO.

eenu
Apr 9, 2007, 12:28 PM
Far Cry or COD3

giganten
Apr 9, 2007, 12:58 PM
I have Red Steel (got it for free) but no Wii, yet :p .

Fezwick
Apr 9, 2007, 03:32 PM
Stay away from Red Steel. The controls are wonky.

MacBass
Apr 9, 2007, 03:33 PM
I think I'd want to get Red Steel if I were ever able to FIND A WII AROUND HERE! GRR!!!:mad:

zane
Apr 9, 2007, 04:35 PM
COD3 and medal of honor are pretty much equal you just have to find the one best for you and redsteel sucks.

Voidness
Apr 9, 2007, 04:57 PM
I have Red Steel, and I don't find the controls as bad as people say. But I haven't tried Call of Duty nor Medal of Honor, so I can't compare.

jialuolu
Apr 9, 2007, 05:06 PM
Though it has some pretty lame moments that you could tell they tacked on to take advantage of Wii functionality at the last moment. The controls are pretty easy to get used to and gameplay is pretty similar to CoD2. I've never played Medal of Honor but Red Steel is a complete disaster

JackAxe
Apr 9, 2007, 06:44 PM
Red Steel's controls are fine. Don't listen to these thumb-twiddlers. :) But as the game goes, the stupid AI is why I didn't like it. The Wii finally offers a great control setup that works similar to a mouse for FPS games, but developers are still making the games "stupid" to accommodate the cumbersome thumb-stick-pushing method. So enemies will just stand there and wait for you to adjust your aim, which with the Wiimote is about 100 fold faster than a thumb-stick.

Just to ramble:
If your Wiimote doesn't feel accurate, it's the placement of your sensor bar in relation to your screen and how large your screen is. The smaller the screen, the more accurate a Wiimote actually is, but with some proper placement on larger screens, it's still pretty dam good, way better than any thumb-stick.

Oh, and graphically Red Steel looks worse than many Cube FPS games. So UbiSoft should probably be shot. Metroid Prime as a clear example, looks heads and tails better, not too mention better than any PS2 game. Oh, and there's that Resditent Evil 4 game on the Cube that makes all of Ubisoft's horrid FPS attempts on the Wii look like puke, and it's PS2 brother look drab in comparison.

Anyway, my pick wouldn't be Red Steel. I like COD3 from what I've played, and MoD looks good. Metroid 3, which has also been mentioned, is the one I really want. Graphically it's a true Wii game from what I read, so looks substantially better than anything that's been vomited on to the Wii, or any last gen console.

<]=)

pcypert
Apr 9, 2007, 08:59 PM
I'd do a Cube game.

Paul

steamboat26
Apr 9, 2007, 09:04 PM
First time i played a wii, i played CoD3 and i wasn't used to the controls, so i was horrible at it. The lack of multiplayer turned me away from this game as well. I have heard that Vanguard is a great game, and have heard mixed reviews about Red Steel. If I had to choose one, I'd pick Vanguard

ddrueckhammer
Apr 9, 2007, 11:10 PM
Its sad to say but the best FPS on the Wii right now is the boss battles in Rayman...

I would pickup Timesplitters 2 for the GC if you want to play a good FPS on your Wii. Its only like $7 used at Gamestop these days. Either that or wait for MP3.

NYmacAttack
Apr 9, 2007, 11:37 PM
I have Red Steel, and I don't find the controls as bad as people say. But I haven't tried Call of Duty nor Medal of Honor, so I can't compare.

Red Steel was a big let down for me. Controls were very sensitive and game play was very choppy at times.

sam10685
Apr 9, 2007, 11:52 PM
Super Paper Mario.

i already have that on pre order.

Counterfit
Apr 10, 2007, 12:32 AM
The last MoH game I played was Rising Sun, and it was AWFUL. In the last two levels, you shoot guys in the head and they don't go down. And that was on easy! Ugh!

JackAxe
Apr 10, 2007, 01:38 AM
Its sad to say but the best FPS on the Wii right now is the boss battles in Rayman...

I would pickup Timesplitters 2 for the GC if you want to play a good FPS on your Wii. Its only like $7 used at Gamestop these days. Either that or wait for MP3.

How do you unlock this mode in Rayman? I saw it on the previews, but when I played Rayman with my friend the other month, we couldn't find the split screen deathmatch mode, only the rail-shooters.

<]=)