Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Conor J McGowan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
I recorded a TV show using a Panasonic DMR-ES10 onto a TDK single sided DVD+R. The recording plays back perfectly on the TV using the same Panasonic Player, but when I insert the disc into my MBP - it doesn't show at all. Anywhere.

I would very much like to copy the DVD and be able to play it in VLC/QUICKTIME/etc. Has anyone any idea of how to copy the DVD? If so, a response would be much appreciated? Is the DVD formatted in another format, or why wont it show? I have toast. Thanks. C

http://tinyurl.com/yqnbz5

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
Are you certain that you finalized the disc in the Panasonic recorder? See page 31 of the User's Manual under the section titled "Enabling DVD-R, DVD-RW (DVD-Video
format) or +R to be played on other
equipment–Finalize"

-DH

Conor J McGowan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Are you certain that you finalized the disc in the Panasonic recorder? See page 31 of the User's Manual under the section titled "Enabling DVD-R, DVD-RW (DVD-Video
format) or +R to be played on other
equipment–Finalize"

-DH

Thanks a million DH. I'll do that later on tonight.

millar876

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2004
Kilmarnock, Scotland UK
or if you have boot camp and XP/Vista, boot into that and copy the video_ts folder to your HDD, restart into osx and use handbrake on it. i know windows can see the true capacity and all the files on my set top recorded discs where OSX thinks its a blank DVD+-R/RW with 0GB available and 4.36GB used

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.