Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jenfavre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
I'm new to iPods having just purchased a nano to use with the nike+ sport kit. I'm noticing however when I upload a playlist to my nano it creates a duplicate track when that track is already on the nano as part of a previously uploaded album. Then if I play that album, the track repeats itself. Is there a way to avoid this when uploading playlists that contain tracks already on the nano? :confused:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
rather than have your iPod manually managed, set it to automatically sync playlists (or even the entire library). I find this is much easier and ensures no double-ups (unless you have some in your library on the computer).

jenfavre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Won't auto sync attempt to copy my entire music library to my iPod? I definitely don't want that which is why I haven't tried it. I tried auto syncing only playlists but then it deleted anything not part of a playlist off the iPod. :(

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, so make another playlist with all your miscellaneous tracks that don't fit into your current playlists, and sync that too. It's what I do to save time and trouble.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Won't auto sync attempt to copy my entire music library to my iPod? I definitely don't want that which is why I haven't tried it. I tried auto syncing only playlists but then it deleted anything not part of a playlist off the iPod. :(

Auto sync gives you a choice of which playlists will be copied.

Just make a playlist "iPod Playlist" and add everything you want on your iPod to it.

jenfavre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Thanks, that solution seems to be working. I appreciate all the input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.