Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rkingucla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
i was crazy glueing my earphones together and apparently a few drops splashed onto my macbook pro's screen. i was wondering if anyone had any insight on how to remove it. they are barely noticeable but still annoying because i know they are there. the screen is matte, if it makes a difference.

i've looked up different removers but i'm pretty sure acetone would damage the screen (?), and not sure about anything else.

smokeyrabbit

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2005
Escape from New England
i was crazy glueing my earphones together and apparently a few drops splashed onto my macbook pro's screen. i was wondering if anyone had any insight on how to remove it. they are barely noticeable but still annoying because i know they are there. the screen is matte, if it makes a difference.

i've looked up different removers but i'm pretty sure acetone would damage the screen (?), and not sure about anything else.

I'm pretty sure eBay is the only way to remove cyanoacrylate from your screen without damaging the screen.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
super glue solvents are pretty nasty - I wouldn't get them near the screen surface. The glue itself can melt certain plastics - I don't know about LCD screens. If it's just dried on the screen [as opposed to trying to become one with it], you might be able to carefully (like with fingernail) pop it off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.