PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero II Song Packs

applekid
Apr 11, 2007, 10:35 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/11/guitar-hero-ii-song-packs-now-live-pricey/

Talk about ridiculous. 500 points for three songs?! :mad:

I guess I have more reason to not buy Guitar Hero II for the X-Box 360. I am content with my two working guitars for my PS2 (one is the official wireless one).

I thought they were going to release the originals songs as one gigantic package for cheap, but clearly that is not going to happen now. Vote with your wallet by not buying into this scam!

zero2dash
Apr 11, 2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah I just emailed my friends about this BS.
I'm glad I decided to buy a used Ps2 + both Guitar Hero games back in Feb. rather than waiting for the 360 version.

Downloadable content is a good idea, and sometimes the price is fair.
This is ridiculous.

Considering that iTunes charges $1 per song and those are legitimate songs by the actual artist, $2.08 a piece (500 MS pts = $6.25 USD) for an in-house cover band's rendition of those songs in Guitar Hero is absurd.

Haoshiro
Apr 11, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm loving the 360 version, personally.

But I do think these prices are a bit steep.... how much would it cost to get every song on GH1??? About $98, that's how much!! :P

I'm expecting them to either change the prices, or start remastering the packs into longer song sets, that's when I'll get them.

wwooden
Apr 11, 2007, 10:59 AM
I would be willing to do 100 points per song, Max. I also want to be able to either pick and choose which songs I want or buy the entire collection for a package price, say 1600-2000 points, no more than that though. There are really only about a half dozen songs I want from GHI.

rtdgoldfish
Apr 11, 2007, 02:21 PM
Man, what a rip. I was really looking forward to picking up all the old songs for around $40-50. No way I'm gonna pay close to $100 for all of them by the time they are all out.

Now maybe if they were new songs, I'd pay $2... But for old songs I can load up Guitar Hero 1 on the PS2...

zelmo
Apr 11, 2007, 06:58 PM
Hopefully, people will boycott these song packs so they either add more songs to a pack [one 5-song set list?] or find some other method of lowering the cost per song.:mad:

SpankyPenzaanz
Apr 11, 2007, 11:09 PM
I think they should have sold it as controller + core game(30 songs) $30

All additional songs to $0.75 each because it is coverband

unsanity
Apr 11, 2007, 11:31 PM
I'm loving this game, but as much as I want to play Killer Queen and Stellar I'm going to try and hold off on these just because of the ridiculous prices.

If you ignore the fact that we also got a guitar and game with the original songs, we paid $100 for 70ish songs, and that is a much better deal than these 9 songs for about $20.

freestyleguy128
Apr 13, 2007, 11:32 AM
I have loved 360 and microsoft up until this point. But the price for a three pack of songs is absurd. When I spend $90 on a video game, the studio better be doing everything in its power to make me feel like it was a legitimate purchase so I will buy the next iteration of the series. But making me pay $6 for some cover band's version of three songs is a blatant ripoff. I signed a petition to microsoft about the issue to voice my concern. Microtransactions should not be the wave of the future when we are plopping down $10 more for games than ever before and systems are more expensive than ever. When a consumer buys a games, they better be getting all that game has to offer with the intitial purchase and not have to worry about silly extra costs just to enjoy a product. Phew....done venting.

wwooden
Apr 13, 2007, 11:43 AM
It's a shame, I was really looking forward to a bunch of the GH1 songs. I really wasn't expecting the entire GH1 collection to be more than $30, and I probably would have paid that, but these prices are ridiculous. I would probably be more likely to pay these prices if I could pick and choose which songs I want, but I am not paying $6.25 to get one song I want and two I don't.

mrgreen4242
Apr 13, 2007, 11:45 AM
I have loved 360 and microsoft up until this point. But the price for a three pack of songs is absurd. When I spend $90 on a video game, the studio better be doing everything in its power to make me feel like it was a legitimate purchase so I will buy the next iteration of the series. But making me pay $6 for some cover band's version of three songs is a blatant ripoff. I signed a petition to microsoft about the issue to voice my concern. Microtransactions should not be the wave of the future when we are plopping down $10 more for games than ever before and systems are more expensive than ever. When a consumer buys a games, they better be getting all that game has to offer with the intitial purchase and not have to worry about silly extra costs just to enjoy a product. Phew....done venting.

Personally, I'm OK with microtransactions, but only when they are handled well, which is it seems these Guitar Hero ones are not (don't have the game, but it does sound pretty steep). I figure that a few bucks for an extra map, some new game areas, etc make the games worth MORE than if they weren't offered. You can complete a game, or play it till you are bored and then get something new to do with it for far less than a new game would cost.