PDA

View Full Version : Rapists may get a free pass...

nbs2
Apr 11, 2007, 10:23 PM
Well, the Republic of Maryland has deemed that the second most crime-ridden area in the state (a close second to Baltimore City) should shut down the hospital housing the forensic rape unit. This wouldn't be a problem but for two small issues: 1) there has been no announcement as to if/where it might be relocated and 2) rape kits can only be administered in the jurisdiction where the crime occurred.

I can't wait to move.

Aniej
Apr 11, 2007, 10:38 PM
rape kits can only be administered in the jurisdiction where the crime occurred.

Where did you get this piece of info?

Ugg
Apr 12, 2007, 12:44 AM
Welcome to the world where free enterprise is to solve all the nation's ills and has so far utterly failed.

More hospital closings are inevitable in the future. Especially in poor areas where the only form of health care is the emergency room.

princealfie
Apr 12, 2007, 09:00 AM
I bet the oil companies are happy about this update eh? :eek:

nbs2
Apr 12, 2007, 09:29 AM
Where did you get this piece of info?

The news report. I suppose it would have been better to have something in print, but you get mad with the information that you have.;)

Aniej
Apr 12, 2007, 02:03 PM
The news report. I suppose it would have been better to have something in print, but you get mad with the information that you have.;)

What in the world is that supposed to mean? When have you seen me get mad?

nbs2
Apr 12, 2007, 02:46 PM
What in the world is that supposed to mean? When have you seen me get mad?

Not you. I'm mad at the state and Martin "I may run Maryland into the ground, but my band sure is popular" O'Malley. It was a rather failed attempt on my part to make a joke referencing that Donald Rumsfeld's "You go to war with the information that you have" quote. I was trying to say that I should have more info, but I have to get mad with the info that I have.

I guess I'm just not a funny guy.:o