Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chazmox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2003
I got a call from Apple today. They left no message ( they called twice ), but when I called the number back, I got a recorded message telling me that I had been called to be introduced to a new product and to call 1-800-MY APPLE for more info. When I called MY APPLE the woman said that the call had been made because I have open orders on the website and to see if I want to actually pruchase those units. I said I did not at this time.

The open orders were for a 15 inch PB and a dual PM - I was checking on availability before WWDC - but is this normal?

Does Apple normally make this kind of call or is this new and just evidence that they are very eager to sell stock preceeding new releases at WWDC???

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
they did the same to me a couple months ago... i wanted to check how much it would cost to have a power mac loaded the teeth... i figured thats why they called, cause it was like 18 000 +...

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Do they offer any kind of discount if it gets to the point where they call? Do they call and say "Hey, we know you were looking at getting this blah blah, if you still want it, we'll give you %5 off."

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Re: Did anyone else get a call from Apple today?

Originally posted by chazmox
I got a call from Apple today. They left no message ( they called twice ),

oh, so YOU'RE the one Apple called. Apple called me last night, gave me some song and dance about how Apple didn't want to see me anymore, that we weren't going anywhere, that i didn't take Apple seriously anymore.

wtf, man. i even agreed to joint counseling. but did Apple ever schedule the appointment? No! but that was the agreement, man, and Apple totally backed out.

i swear to god, i was totally NOT hitting on Apple's sister. we both liked zappa, is all. no big woop. but there Apple was, all arms-crossed and everything, bringing me a DIET coke, which Apple knows i hate. so passive aggressive.

well, you can have Apple. good f****** luck. and if i see you two walking down the street holding hands, don't be offended if i just turn and walk the other way.

MrBillGates

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Re: Re: Did anyone else get a call from Apple today?

Originally posted by zimv20
oh, so YOU'RE the one Apple called. Apple called me last night, gave me some song and dance about how Apple didn't want to see me anymore, that we weren't going anywhere, that i didn't take Apple seriously anymore.

wtf, man. i even agreed to joint counseling. but did Apple ever schedule the appointment? No! but that was the agreement, man, and Apple totally backed out.

i swear to god, i was totally NOT hitting on Apple's sister. we both liked zappa, is all. no big woop. but there Apple was, all arms-crossed and everything, bringing me a DIET coke, which Apple knows i hate. so passive aggressive.

well, you can have Apple. good f****** luck. and if i see you two walking down the street holding hands, don't be offended if i just turn and walk the other way.

fricken hilarious.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Do you still have to push a power button to turn Ms. Apple on? :D

Perhaps you just need to insert something round into the optical drive and boot off there to get her working. :D

chazmox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2003
zim,

I am sorry to break it to you on a public board like this, but yes, Apple is with me now.

And, I don't mean to rub it in but, Apple and I have been involved for a while now. I've been turning her on ( some would say using... ) and sticking my CD ( and if were a little naughty, my DVD ) in her slot for some time now. Sometimes I even plug things in her!

She's such a wild one!

And, Apple says that I rarely crash her or shut her down. She's happy now and tells me you are so "OS 9!"

Hawthorne

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2002
In front of my Mac
Sorry to break in with a moment of sanity here....

But the same thing happened to me a while ago. I had an open order on Apple.com (my fantasy home system, the total of which was @50k or so. I dream big. :) ). The next week, they came out with the MDD PowerMacs.

That others are getting similar calls now is good news for the upcoming week.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Originally posted by chazmox
[snip] Apple is with me now. And, I don't mean to rub it in but, [snip] She's such a wild one! [snip] She's happy now and tells me you are so "OS 9!"

that's harsh, man.

but i'm gonna be that high-road guy, and say, "hey man, what about the brotherhood?" and just tell you Apple's bad news. bad bad news.

but you're young. yeah, have your fun. that's how Apple gets you. then before you know it, she'll be gone and i'll be dusting off the barstool next to me.

first round's on me, dude. then we'll go beat up some college boys. whooooooo!!!!!

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
What a bunch of fruits... :rolleyes:

Sure gives new meaning to grabbing a piece of pie.

Eeerrr, on second though make that apple pie.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
BTW - tell me if apple 'tastes' good.
does she whine loudly when you turn her on or is she whisper quiet?
just wondering - i heard that if she was feeling kinda hot then she got real noisy - like a race car or windtunnel some say ...... :D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>BTW - tell me if apple 'tastes' good. (benixau)

Don't forget to save those pits in the center. :eek:

>does she whine loudly when you turn her on or is she whisper quiet?

You can always add an extra fan, but that might make her circulate too much air. :D

>i heard that if she was feeling kinda hot then she got real noisy - like a race car or windtunnel some say ...... :D

In that case, do what I do: Add the extra fan and cool her off.

Then again, that may only help if you work her hard to overheating. :D

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
you know, zim, you shouldn't think twice, as apple's sister's are much better in the end--not so jealous, arrogant, and still reasonably stylish. there's Grapefruit--we think she's russian, she's kind of big, full-figured and what not. some people like to call her Sun microsystems or Dell Server Division. then there's Orange--she's the average sort, but still has that girl-next-door appeal, definitely raised in america. Dell Dimension is probably her favorite nickname, but i've always been partial to The Little Clone that Could. and finally there's Tangerine. she's definitely asian/pacific islander, being small and exotic. Fujitsu is definitely another name she likes... especially when you say it juuuust right ;) but i got dibs on her, you can have Grapefruit or Orange. I can get their numbers from Tangerine if you want.

MetallicPenguin

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2003
NC, USA
Wow, I didn't realize so many other people also got their dream computer all "set up" for the fun of it:p

I'm going to leave it open and see if Apple calls me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.