PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Age of Reckoning

ijimk
Apr 12, 2007, 09:58 AM
Just wondering if I am the only one excited about this game coming out? I played Warhammer 40 k version of the table top and played a bit of Dark Age of Camelot back in the day. Seems things come full circle as Mythic the developer of DAOC is now putting together what looks to be the first to challenge WoW.

For those who have not seen it it seems to be a very much PVP oriented game which lets you level 1-max level all pvp and you get loot and experience while pvping unlilke WoW. Check it out and let me know what you all think http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/home/

belovedmonster
Apr 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
I have never played WoW or any other game of that ilk, but I did used to be a Gamesworkshop fan back in the day (Chaos Space Marines FTW) and I find it interesting that all of a sudden there are bazillions of GW based games out. Theres been a few GW inspired games over the years (a lot of which were critically acclaimed I am told), but there certainly wasnt the numbers there are now... it seems everyone has cottoned onto the extra money they can make from a GW licence attached to their game.

Swarmlord
Apr 12, 2007, 01:57 PM
Hmmm, maybe it's because I love the painting of my army and the desktop aspect of the Warhammer game that an online version just doesn't appeal to me. I play Warhammer when I'm sick of grinding rep in WoW.

I really dislike the PvP portions of WoW and avoid them like the plague anyway. I'd rather do quests, farm or do instances for better gear.

Mr B
Apr 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
Just wondering if I am the only one excited about this game coming out? I played Warhammer 40 k version of the table top and played a bit of Dark Age of Camelot back in the day. Seems things come full circle as Mythic the developer of DAOC is now putting together what looks to be the first to challenge WoW.

For those who have not seen it it seems to be a very much PVP oriented game which lets you level 1-max level all pvp and you get loot and experience while pvping unlilke WoW. Check it out and let me know what you all think http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/home/

I am a huge WoW pvp junkie and warhammer looks great, but it'll only run on windows right? I refuse to foul my macbook pro with that. If it gets released for mac, I am all over it.

LillieDesigns
Apr 21, 2007, 04:28 PM
If they really want to challenge WoW, they'll release WAR for Mac. I still play DAoC on occasion, but booting my Windows machine makes it sound like there's a plane taking off in my office room. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Mac OS X Ocelot
Apr 3, 2008, 12:08 PM
I am getting really bored of WoW. I've been playing off and on for over three years and I get so bored with it. I've been reading up WAR (I want to call it WHO and think it's lame they added the subtitle so they can have WAR; who makes subtitles for the first installment of an MMO? those are for expansion packs. Besides, they should call it WHOAR (guess how it's pronounced)) and watching their videos and it looks so sweet. It's pretty as hell and looks close enough to wow (the UI and mechanics) to be an easy and fun transition but different enough to be a refreshing change. I'm getting sick of the world in WoW and Outlands didn't help, so the WAR world will be fun to explore. I'm getting sick of the classes in WoW and the new heroic class probably won't be enough to keep me around. I would love to play a trial or in the open beta if they have one. I played in the open beta of LOTRO and it was interesting and a neat change but not cool enough to make me want to pay for it.

My problem is that I'm still on PPC and can't install Windows. If I had an MacIntel I'd install Windows just for WAR, but I don't. I sent feedback on their website asking for a Mac client (their FAQ says it's not out of question but probably won't be by launch date). I'm hoping if they get enough requests they'll do it. SO GO REQUEST IT! I made sure to bring up that a lot of people in WoW are getting sick of the game and believe the class balance and PVP experience are only going to get worse and that if WAR is going to be as awesome as I think it will then they'll easilly take a large share of WoW's player base (of what nine million?) and that WoW is one of the top sellers on the Mac platform. It was incredibly awesome of Blizzard to include Mac from the get-go, and while it probably wasn't a huge contributor to how popular it is now, it's still awesome that they did it and should show other developers that it IS worth it. MMO's are aimed at the college-aged kids and college kids love their Macs.

AoWolf
Apr 3, 2008, 04:39 PM
I am a huge wow pvp junkie and I have heard allot of negative press and the idea of spell queueing sounds terrible. That said I am going to play it for a week and see how it plays. I hope its better then wow but if not meh.

Czechmac
Apr 3, 2008, 08:18 PM
Warhammer Online plays well, been playing the beta for a while now. It runs great on my MBP (see specs in my sig).

The pvp is a lot of fun, much better then most games out there, especially the scale of open world pvp, keep siegeing etc.