Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
That screensaver, arabesque, looks extremely nice.

Need to fix this link because when i click on it from this thread it doesn't work.
Macrumors said:
An earlier article reported that Leopard Build 9A410 had been seeded to developers.

Edit: Fixed

HailToTheVictor

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2007
October for this?

It has the feeling of going backwards, I do not like the grey. Or maybe I am just in a bad mood

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Looks like they just removed the brushed metal and made it grey. Just like iTunes is right now.

Cool.

EDIT: Oh, they made everything grey? Even things that were once white, like system preferences?

Not sure how fond I am of that.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
I like the new look. Looks like Photobooth can do video effects now to. Either that or record video.

Love that new screensaver.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
HaHa... I accadentally clicked the screenshot's close button when trying to close the window. oops. I'm dumb.

I like the new spotlight. We all kinda saw this transition coming though... didnt we?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
October for this?

I think they released the new UI to give everyone something to talk about apart from the fact that it is going to be delayed. Sort of proof that they are making progress after all Apple new this was going to be leaked.

I do not think this will be the final UI definitely needs work.

Counter

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2005
Guys, you obviously don't understand, it takes months to remove the brushed metal effect. Each window must be hand buffed and finished until it's perfectly smooth.

curmi

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2000
Melbourne, Australia
Finder windows still have ugly borders while other apps are going borderless (eg iChat). Did Apple leave anyone working on Leopard over the last 6 months, or was it one guy fiddling with colours while everyone else worked on the iPhone. :(

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006
Are there any other sources on this? If not, I'm not 100% sure I believe it. It just looks like someone got Uno, which I use, working on OS X 10.5.

If it's true and it's catching up with iTunes, that'll be great. I just don't think that's the direction Apple will go in the end...

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
I haven't had any brushed metal on my Mac for about a year now. I actually got so used to the mod that I almost forgot Apple still hasn't changed it yet. I still can't believe Leopard is delayed because of the iPhone. Apple needs to get their priorities straight. :rolleyes:

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
I don't know. In some places, it looks out of place. In spots, it looks gray, dull, and boring. It works for iTunes, but I don't know about everywhere else. I miss colors and glass :(

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Interesting. I find it odd that the windows aren't rounded on the edges anymore.

I think we all knew it was going to go this way, a la iTunes and UNO. I'm surprised the buttons are the same. I would've thought they would have gone to that lavendar/grey color found in iTunes 7 and throughout the iPhone.

This, however, seems like not that big of a change. Is a bigger one coming? I like to think so.

termite

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2003
the hazy pattern of the screenshots appear to be an artifact of Leopard's screenshot tool.
Wow. I hope the haziness doesn't include a watermark identifying the developer who did the screenshot, or the serial number of his Mac...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.