Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
I am currently experiencing the issues displayed here...
http://www.apple.com/support/powerbook/displayprogram/

However my serial # does not fall within the ones specified.
My powerbook was purchased in early Sept of 2004, and I have applecare so it will be up in Sept of 2007.

I am unsure of what I should do at this time and am looking for recomendations of how to handle the situation. I am aware that apple will probably try to say that is it somehow my fault and that i put too much pressure on the lid of the powerbook (as this happened to a friend of mine, and she was actually within the serial #'s that were specified in the link above)

I have kept my powerbook extremely protected (at one point I even had it in a neoprene sleeve inside of a hard sided zip case!) and really don't think it's anything i've done, or wear and tear on the notebook (it's in near mint condition other than a few spots just below the arrow and command keys.)

sorry for the long post. Just needed to make everything known.

Thanks for any suggestions!

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Nope. I just really noticed how bad it was today. I'm just looking to see if other people have experienced this, and what the story has been so I can be more prepared when I do call them.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
If you have AppleCare, you are covered for defects up to 3 years total (you mentioned Sept. '07). The extension program would provide coverage for someone who only had the 1 year warranty.

It's just a matter of convincing them it's a defect, but I imagine if it's similar to what their extension program is covering, you have a good chance of getting it fixed (IMHO).

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
funny i just got my display replaced on my macbook. The first time i asked a genius he said he couldnt do anything then i asked a different genius and they sent it to applecare and fixed it and came back in 4 days. Just give it a try.:cool:

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
I will take it to my local shop and see what they say. I'd rather have them do the repair so they can just order the part and do the repair in house rather than have to send it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.