PDA

View Full Version : Geez, The Nintendo Wii is STILL not available.

G5Unit
Apr 13, 2007, 12:19 AM
Its been 5 months and the Wii is still impossible to find! By this time last year the Xbox 360 was very easy to get. Does anyone know where I can get a Wii for $250?

SkyBell
Apr 13, 2007, 12:29 AM
Do I have to keep telling everybody this? Maybe I should just send out a forum-wide PM.On second thought, let's keep raising my post count :))

There are TON's of Wii's here in the south. (New mexico, Texas, Arkansas, etc.)

Get your butts down here and buy, they're starting to collect dust.

katie ta achoo
Apr 13, 2007, 12:30 AM
Do I have to keep telling everybody this? Maybe I should just send out a forum-wide PM.On second thought, let's keep raising my post count :))

There are NO Wiis near me and I'm in Texas...

iBookG4user
Apr 13, 2007, 12:30 AM
Well I've seen a couple on Craigslist.org for $250 before, you might want to check there.

AppleGuy08
Apr 13, 2007, 01:05 AM
Wow you dum-dums. most electronic stores get their shipments on sunday. Best buy, toys r us, target, walmart and I think circuit city get atleast 2-3 wiis in most every sunday morning. Your best bet is when friday/saturday comes around, start calling these stores and do some poking around to see if they will get them in or not (because they may not come in) and when sunday comes, get to the store a few hours before they open so you can be the first one! I dont know how well it will work down south, but it works well up here. I havent got one because im broke!

EDIT: Toys R Us is your BEST bet if you want to get a Wii. Everyone i know who has gone there sunday morning has got one (they tend to get 5-6 at a time on sunday consistently)

Daveway
Apr 13, 2007, 01:13 AM

My walmart, largest in south la, had 4 in stock today.

calculus
Apr 13, 2007, 01:21 AM
Have you tried one of the stock tracking sites? That's how I found one for my son in the UK. I got an alert at 8am, they were all gone within twenty minutes. The tracker I used was for the UK but there are US ones..

I don't know if this one is any good but remember that google is your friend...
link (http://www.wiisearcher.com/)

DJ OJ
Apr 13, 2007, 01:25 AM
I have not seen wiis anywhere. Not here in Japan, at least. I know one kid who has one, but when I go ta all the stores they say sold out. Ask them when they get new ones they say they have no clue!

belovedmonster
Apr 13, 2007, 04:53 AM
The link I am about to give should be a sticky, because it is surely the greatest Wii shortage related link anyone could ever post. In fact I am surprised that no one else seems to talk about it.

Behold...

http://www.outtastock.com/wiiwidget.html

sonarghost
Apr 13, 2007, 05:28 AM
You may want to try K-mart. I bought mine there a few months ago when it was scorching hot and they had 3 available with all the accessories. K-mart has by far the worst electronics section in town so I guess people never thought of looking there!:)

Jovian9
Apr 13, 2007, 07:34 AM
I've seen quite a few lately, and not on Sundays as I never go shopping on Sundays. I've randomly seen them at Target, Wal-Mart (unfortunately I had to go there for work one day), Best Buy, and Circuit City. I've seen these all on weekday afternoons. They are always gone the next time I'm in there, but they are becoming more available around here. I think you just need to be willing to visit your local stores pretty frequently and you'll eventually find one. That's how I found mine at a Target on a Friday back in January.

zed
Apr 13, 2007, 07:50 AM

luckily I was able to pick mine up back in November, but I have been looking for a friend of mine... and they are definitely not easy to find. I have not seen a boxed Wii since I picked up the one I purchased. So if you are planning a road trip to the south to pick up a Wii.... dont stop in Louisiana. Cuz we ain't got none. :)

atari1356
Apr 13, 2007, 08:42 AM
I look every time I go to Kmart/Target/Walmart and haven't seen one in Florida... but then, I haven't really been trying that hard either. Maybe I'll just buy a DS Lite instead. :D

atszyman
Apr 13, 2007, 08:46 AM

I'll second that, still haven't ever seen one on a shelf anywhere, and I look every time we go shopping.

Dallas area FWIW.

spencecb
Apr 13, 2007, 09:04 AM
I look every time I go to Kmart/Target/Walmart and haven't seen one in Florida... but then, I haven't really been trying that hard either. Maybe I'll just buy a DS Lite instead. :D

When I was on my hunt for a Wii in December, Kmart told me they would not be stocking the next generation consoles. Maybe it was just the store I went to?

wPod
Apr 13, 2007, 09:16 AM
My walmart, largest in south la, had 4 in stock today.

hey, anyone that sees one want to pick one up for me? ill pay full price, plus shipping and a little extra for your effort. i dont want to pay an outrageous price on e-bay cause those people are only there for the profit.

i got one for my little bro on the day they came out (waited in line for 4 hours) but no one would wait with me and there was a limit of one per customer. i have not seen them in stock since then!!! (though i know people who have found them, one guy even got a second, and sold it on e-bay and not to me.)

ive been checking almost every weekend at a target store that is close to me, but it is always so packed on the weekends im sure if there were any in stock they would be gone in about 5 seconds.

<sigh> oh well, i guess Nintendo just did a really good job of making the best next console.

fuzzwud
Apr 13, 2007, 10:10 AM

me too ... None at Best Buy that I've checked either. My friend got one from another friend who helped get one only because he works at Target.

Nicolasdec
Apr 13, 2007, 10:33 AM
Maybe eBay???

thegreatunknown
Apr 13, 2007, 10:56 AM
folks go to Costco. I'm not sure why nobody realizes it but they carry CONSOLES. You could have walked into a Costco on release day and grabbed one. I was there at open on release day and there wasn't even enough people in line to buy all their units.

weg
Apr 13, 2007, 11:51 AM
Behold...

http://www.outtastock.com/wiiwidget.html

Gosh.. that PS3 finder must be annoying.. who wouldn't hate to get tons of notifications each minute?

mrgreen4242
Apr 13, 2007, 11:54 AM
I look at the electronics section of every store I go in to see if they have, not that I am going to buy one now, but just out of curiosity. I've never seen a Wii. Anywhere, ever.

Anyways, Walmart is stocking bundles on their website now, and most people have reported success in returning or at least exchanging the games/junk they didn't want at their local Walmart stores, so you could try that...

apfhex
Apr 13, 2007, 02:30 PM
You could have walked into a Costco on release day and grabbed one.
Well, and if you're not a member already, pay $50 to get in. :p

It does pay to go to your local Best Buy or ToysRUs or whatever at opening on a Sunday, thats how I got mine a week after launch. That's how some of my friends got theirs too. Not everyone's been as lucky, but it's a better chance than going there on a Saturday afternoon or something.

Or you could get a PS3 :eek:, there are literal piles of them in every store I go to.

bowens
Apr 13, 2007, 02:57 PM
I was at my local Walmart in a very small town the other day and the guy told me that they still have people lining up at midnight for every shipment. They're always gone within 4 hours.

AJ Muni
Apr 13, 2007, 04:38 PM
You may want to try K-mart. I bought mine there a few months ago when it was scorching hot and they had 3 available with all the accessories. K-mart has by far the worst electronics section in town so I guess people never thought of looking there!:)

Haha so true. I've been working at kmart pharmacy for 7 years and electronics section is so so bad. Actually we just got 4 in stock this morning..

evilgEEk
Apr 13, 2007, 05:16 PM
Saturday night around midnight, go to all the websites of the big retailers (Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys R Us, Target, etc...) and look at their advertisement for the following week. If they're advertising a Wii then there will be some on the shelves Sunday morning.

That's your best bet, and it doesn't take much effort.

therevolution
Apr 13, 2007, 05:25 PM
folks go to Costco. I'm not sure why nobody realizes it but they carry CONSOLES. You could have walked into a Costco on release day and grabbed one. I was there at open on release day and there wasn't even enough people in line to buy all their units.

Heh. You got lucky. The Costco near me got a whopping zero on release day, and at the closest one that did get some, they were spoken for long before open.

pcypert
Apr 14, 2007, 12:02 AM
Tons here...we get all the Japanese ones so maybe that's why the Japanese guy that posted isn't seeing any :) . It's nice too as they're pre-modded so you can buy games from anywhere. So I can play when I go home for a couple months this summer and buy stuff here too....

Paul

JackAxe
Apr 14, 2007, 02:09 AM
My friend's store has one in, at least it did 5 hours ago. :)

The Fry's electronic in my area stocks up on the Japanese Nunchucks, but charge a premium, so nobody buys them.

<]=)