Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

are you going to buy your macbook as planned??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
HI guys.. now that apple has officially anounced the delay in shipping of lepoard by stating :

"We can't wait until customers get their hands (and fingers) on it and experience what a revolutionary and magical product it is," Apple said. "However, iPhone contains the most sophisticated software ever shipped on a mobile device, and finishing it on time has not come without a price -- we had to borrow some key software engineering and QA resources from our Mac OS X team, and as a result we will not be able to release Leopard at our Worldwide Developers Conference in early June as planned."

so who among you are still going to buy your macbook /pro as planned or are going to wait for lepoard to release..

P.S : apple might update the macbook pros to HD displays...:apple:

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
I'm gonna buy my MB as planned around June/July time. If that means SR or other hardware upgrades then that's just a bonus.

ready2switch

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2006
It's no big surprise that I'm waiting for Santa Rosa. This is the deal-breaker, with or without Leopard. :D

CavesOfTQLT

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2007
England
I've been waiting since December to purchase a Black MacBook in order to get Leopard and would have been prepared to wait until June, but now it's going to be October a five and a half month wait (from now) is just too long (for me) to wait.

So I've decided to go ahead and get one (would have purchased today but it's Friday the 13th...) since, as someone has pointed out on these forums, Tiger is stable, and further, I can be using the machine for real (it'll be my first Mac) over this period.

Then depending upon finances at Christmas/New Year I'll either keep the MB and purchase a new (hardware updated) MB model with Leopard installed, or sell the MB and put the money towards a new (again, hardware updated) MacBook Pro purchase with Leopard installed. By then any bugs in the new OS should be well on the way to being ironed out...

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
No improved LCDs no deal.

Santa Rosa doesn't matter into it one bit. Nor does Leopard. The only reason why I'd be tempted to wait for Leopard is because it brings the possibility of higher resolution screens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.