Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLoveMyMBP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
New York
Why did Apple discontiune the s-video output from the powerbooks to the macbookpro's??? I used the s-video daily and I'm very dissipointed that they didn't add it back :( :(

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Probably the same reason that they got rid of the modem port and VGA port. They're old technologies. Apple likes to use the latest and greatest tech in their products, especially in their professional models.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
Ah... but a MacPro with a ZipDrive, or maybe even a floppy disk... that would be heaven.

didn't they upgrade the floppy drive to primative clay markings on walls? :rolleyes:

Even CDs are going out of fashion. USB drives are so large and so cheap, you might as well use them.

Collin973

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2006
What do you use the S-Video for? I've only used S-video maybe once or twice. I believe s-video is analog and a complete digital signal is much better, which DVI is, i believe.

I remember when you had to use floppies to install windows 95. That was only 12 years ago. I any USB flash drives are at least one GB. That's almost 2 CDs, and USB flash drives transfer data much quicker.

Anyways, s-vid is heading out of style and usage.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
I miss the s-video out too. Very useful when using an external monitor and a tv at the same time, e.g. when working with video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.