Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eurolit1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Hey ive creeped these forums over the last few days and they seem like a appropriate place to learn more about my new macbook!

The battery drains rather quickly when not plugged in, maybe its just in my head but all i do on it is surf the net/msn/streaming radio (digitially imported hard trance!!). When i get home later today im going to let it charge to full, turn off the sleep option, open wordpad, and let it idle.. in an attempt to replicate classroom use.
will the battery last 3+ hours in these conditions? I bought this thing for school and thats what i will be doing on it in class and im worried it may not even last the full day!

Does the battery drain faster if your connected to the internet?

PS I got a mint white 2.0ghz/80gig hdd/1gig ram CD1 from a highschool buddy for $970 CDN (incase laptop sleeve included!). This seemed like a really good deal to me... agreed?

Retired
May 16, 2006
Turning off Airport and Bluetooth in your menu bar at the top will increase battery life :)

Definitely complain if it is brand new and does not last more like 4 hours with these turned off...

eurolit1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
it's not brand new. it has had light use on it since sep 2006 from what he told me.

i can definately go without bluetooth (is it auto on unless you turn it off)?
and just to clarify airport = wireless right lol

eurolit1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
oh ya and its been a week and the novely of hot corners has not yet worn off... is this normal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.