Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmcilhatton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
London
I'm trying to upload music on a powerpoint slide but the format is MP4, seems to work with an MP3 .. is it possible to convert?

Thanks

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
iTunes can do it, iTunes Menu (edit on Windows)==>Preferences==>Advanced==>Importing, and change the format to MP3.

kmcilhatton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
London
thank you ... but..

iTunes can do it, iTunes Menu (edit on Windows)==>Preferences==>Advanced==>Importing, and change the format to MP3.

at the moment it is on import using AAC encoder .. if I change this to MP3 encoder, will it change all my songs .. cos I only want to change one. ALso there is a note at the bottom of the page stating "Note: These settings do not apply to songs dwnloaded from the itunes store"

thanks fr your help :)

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
ah ok.. so if I've already ripped it .. is it too late ?

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself very well this time, I gave you half the required information but not all of it, sorry.

The importing is as I described, but if you find the song you want to convert and right (control) click on it then you can convert the file to the format that importing is setup for, which as you have now set it to import as MP3 will enable you to convert songs to MP3, then you can import the new MP3 version into powerpoint, making sure you delete it after you've done the presentation, it's a duplicate and will be lower quality after all.

kmcilhatton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
London
Sorry, I don't think I explained myself very well, this time, I gave you half the required information but not all of it, sorry.

The importing is as I described, but if you find the song you want to convert and right (control) click on it then you can convert the file to the format that importing is setup for, which as you have now set it to import as MP3 will enable you to convert songs to MP3, then you can import the new MP3 version into powerpoint, making sure you delete it after you've done the presentation, it's a duplicate and will be lower quality after all.

Thanks .. unfortunately still doesn't work "song could not be converted because protected files cannot be converted to other formats"

not my luck night .. thanks so much for all your help though ... need to get some ZZZzzz's :)

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Thanks .. unfortunately still doesn't work "song could not be converted because protected files cannot be converted to other formats"

Ah, it's an iTunes Store song, in which case you need to burn it to a CD and re-rip it as MP3 to use it with Powerpoint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.