Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I downloaded and installed the Intel compiler, but now I don't know how to run it.

In Windows I use Salford Plato to create and compile in .f95 And Salford Plato is very user friendly. It is easy to use it.

But I have no idea how to use this Intel Compiler. Anyone here know how to open it and compile?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I have used g95 personally, (Intel is x86 only, and I only had a iMac G5 at the time.

For the Intel version you copy it into /usr/bin and then use i386-apple-darwin8.9.1-g95 to run it using Terminal

However for the Intel compilers, I have no idea, I assume you have an Intel Mac...

AussieSusan

macrumors member
May 29, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Also Fortran under Xcode

I'm not sure of the source of the compiler, but there is an Xcode plugin for a Fortran compiler (google "xcode fortran" and you should find the references).

This will give you the Xcode editing environment, if that helps.

Susan

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I have used g95 personally, (Intel is x86 only, and I only had a iMac G5 at the time.

For the Intel version you copy it into /usr/bin and then use i386-apple-darwin8.9.1-g95 to run it using Terminal

However for the Intel compilers, I have no idea, I assume you have an Intel Mac...

Can I use the g95 on an Intel Mac? Which do I download? The x86OSX?

Sorry for asking so much, but I am not very good at these things. I like them, but I haven't learned much about them yet.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.