PDA

View Full Version : About the Mac and PC Games forum

Doctor Q
Apr 17, 2007, 01:30 AM
The Mac and PC Games forum is for discussions about computer-based games, primarily games for Macintoshes but games for other computers as well.

Games for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad are covered in the iPhone and iPod touch Apps and iPad Apps forums.

For discussions about console games and handheld games for non-Apple devices, use the Console Games forum.

Game-related threads prior to April 2007 can be found in the archived Games forum, which covered both computer games and console games.

LastLine
Apr 17, 2007, 06:22 PM
Quick Q from me.

Where do PC (i.e. Windows) games fit in all this, they're not really either are they?

Mackilroy
Apr 17, 2007, 06:34 PM
Quick Q from me.

Where do PC (i.e. Windows) games fit in all this, they're not really either are they?

Q says right here:

Discussions of games for Windows or other computer operating systems are also acceptable in this forum.

:)

LastLine
Apr 17, 2007, 06:38 PM
Q says right here:

:)

Oops my bad. I actually read it twice looking for it too! Sorry.

Doctor Q
Apr 17, 2007, 07:00 PM
Where do PC (i.e. Windows) games fit in all this, they're not really either are they?I can expand on the answer. This forum is for "computer-based" games and games on Apple devices.

That includes: Mac games
Mac OS X widget-based games
Windows games on PCs
Windows games on Macs (Boot Camp, etc.)
Games for Linux and other computer operating systems
Mac OS X technology for gaming
reminiscing about Apple ][ games, Apple Pippin (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=18537), or early Mac games
speculation about Apple's future gaming plans
I suppose it also covers Easter-egg games hidden in Apple software, such as the one in System 7.5. You could type "secret about box" in SimpleText (the predecessor to TextEdit) and drag the text to the desktop to start a game of Breakout!

orchid888
Apr 25, 2010, 01:43 PM
Is this a suitable forum to ask questions about iPad games?

Doctor Q
May 14, 2010, 03:01 AM
Is this a suitable forum to ask questions about iPad games?
The iPad Apps forum would be best for questions about shopping for iPad games or specific iPad games.

Vincent2128
Aug 14, 2010, 12:03 PM
Is there anywhere specific a question about an online game/gaming platform (e.g. Facebook apps.) should go?
(with problems on a Mac)

BertyBoy
Aug 14, 2010, 12:57 PM
The Mac and PC Games forum is for discussions about computer-based games, primarily games for Macintoshes ...

What ? There's a general games forum ?

All I see is aforum filled with posts about Steam and StarCraft 2.

TheUndertow
May 1, 2011, 12:50 PM
The iPad Apps forum would be best for questions about shopping for iPad games or specific iPad games.

I just typed out this long new thread and was going to link a Poll but...

What do you think about an iOS sub-forum under the other Game forum?

I'm thinking there would be suitable following and the direction we're headed (now with MMO...etc) it would make things cleaner all around and create a better community for iOS gamers.

I had my gaming laptop die on me (Asus G71G-Q) and fall out of warranty and the iPad (and now a 2) had done what I never thought possible...keep me content without a gaming laptop or PC for the last few months while I wait for the new iMac or next MBP.

Doctor Q
May 4, 2011, 11:14 PM
The Site and Forum Feedback Forum is the best place to make suggestions about forum changes, so that other users can voice their opinions.