Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sprescott1974

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2002
what are you giuys talking about? iTools? you get 20mb of space. that's it. is there a deal here that I am missing because i don't see anything.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
apple give you the option to get more storage space...from 50mb to 1gb....but you have to purchase more space. anyone who has an itools account gets 20mb for free. thats what they are talking about.
im not sure how much bandwidth though...if any.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by Choppaface
mmmm webspace hell ya!

anybody know how much bandwidth they give ya?

I have Earthlink DSL here at home... Initially I was told up to 1.5Mbps downloads... I saw them briefly, but then they dropped to about 600Kbps speeds for months. I didn't think too much of it until I visited the connection speed thread here. Since then, I was b*tchin at Earthlink about my pitiful speeds (under 200Kbps downloads :(). Since last night, however since they have resolved whatever the issue was, I now get rockin speeds of between 1400Kbps and 1600Kbps+ (1611 peak so far). My upload has also been upgraded from 128Kbps to 384Kbps...

Call them and see what they can offer you. Make sure that they are 100% clear with the fine print for you. If all else fails, record the conversation to be used as ammo later. I was ready to switch from them (been with Earthlink for over 5 years with dialup and now DSL) if they couldn't make good on the speed.

As for the web space, I believe that you can put up to 10MB on a page per email address (you get 6 with earthlink DSL). That is something that you should confirm as well.

stoid

macrumors 601
NO DSL!!!!

AlphaTech it's comments like yours that make me want to cry. Oh boohoo, under 200Kbps, I know it's lower than advertised, but DSL isn't even available in my area, neither is cable. Nor is any other consumer broadband option!!! I'm screwed on a 56K modem. Been able to download at 12Kbps would be awesome. I HATE BROADBANDERS. In a figurative way though, no offense intendded, 200Kbps on an advertised 1.5Mpbs line is slow, I guess that'd be like about 600bps on a 56K Modem, which is painfully slow. So I support your complaint, but I can't even begin to have sympathy for you.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I think the point, stoid, is that Alpha wasn't getting what he was paying for....

anyone with anything other than a modem should bitch if they are only getting 200Kbks....that's just plain pathetic if u have cable of dsl...

I think u are just jealous....

<eyelikeart sporting his flame resistant suit.... ;)>

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Stoid... You completely missed the mark.

It would be like you purchasing what was packaged as a 15GB hard drive and getting about 2GB of actual space. How would you feel then???

Ya mook....

Oh, and that sound you hear is my not caring that you cannot get high speed internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.