PDA

View Full Version : Video Card Broken? Strange.

coopdog
Jun 18, 2003, 09:21 AM
My apple 17" CTR would not come out of sleep. So to rule out the moniter, I connected it to my PC's flatpannel. It also said that there was no signal coming from the VGA so I tried the DVI port. It worked. So the VGA doesn't work but the DVI works. My apple screen only has VGA so what should I do? Get an adapter or new video card?

MacsRgr8
Jun 18, 2003, 02:20 PM
Adapter would be cheaper.
What kind of Video Card is it?

coopdog
Jun 18, 2003, 08:14 PM
it's a G4 350 w/ a Rage 128. I tried an adapter that came with my video card (ati 9700) on my new PC. But the part that is horizonal on the dvi port has 4 prongs that cause the adapter not to fit onto the mac.

MacsRgr8
Jun 19, 2003, 01:50 AM
Didn't know that DVI for PC and Mac are different, why did they do that?
In your case (fast PC, no real need for better grfx on Mac), I'll get a DVI-VGA adapter.

yzedf
Jun 19, 2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by MacsRgr8
In your case (fast PC, no real need for better grfx on Mac), I'll get a DVI-VGA adapter.
So Apple can make more money.

seamuskrat
Jun 19, 2003, 05:05 PM
I had a similar problem. In fact, once afer upgrading to Jag and once for no particular reason.

Both times, reseting the CUDA swicth on the main logic board and resetting the PRAM solved he problem.

iJon
Jun 19, 2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by MacsRgr8
apple doesnt use a different dvi, i use my apple 20 inch on my mac and pc all the time.

iJon