PDA

View Full Version : iMac G3 Wireless Internet Solution?

Phtosynthesis
Apr 17, 2007, 07:24 PM
I have an iMac G3 with 2 USB 1.1 ports, and 2 Firewire ports, and I need to find a way to include a USB keyboard and mouse and a USB wireless adapter. I know I could always get a USB hub, but i'm looking for a way without needing one. I know there are solutions with firewire to usb adapters and whatnot, but i'm unsure if that would affect the performance of the wireless adapter.

Anyone have any suggestions before I end up getting the USB hub?

MacDann
Apr 17, 2007, 08:37 PM
I have an iMac G3 with 2 USB 1.1 ports, and 2 Firewire ports, and I need to find a way to include a USB keyboard and mouse and a USB wireless adapter. I know I could always get a USB hub, but i'm looking for a way without needing one. I know there are solutions with firewire to usb adapters and whatnot, but i'm unsure if that would affect the performance of the wireless adapter.

Anyone have any suggestions before I end up getting the USB hub?

I'm not sure why you wouldn't. I have never seen a firewire to USB adapter, although I wouldn't be surprised if there is such a thing.

USB hubs are cheap, well under $USD 20 if you don't want a powered one. Why not just go this route and be done with it?

MD