Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aimonax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
Hi,

I have 2 major problems:(

I'm having trouble capturing footage onto Final Cut Express. Whenever it starts to capture it says 'allocating disk space', thre is no visual and its taking a really long time to do this.

I am using a dvcam walkman for playback. Plus I am using a new drive 'seagate'. So I really don't understand this.

The other problem is that I'm getting dropped frames while capturing. What if I turn the dropped frames off. will i be able to see them and edit them out while editing on the timeline??

Any help will be appreciated. By the way I am working on the MAC.

Thanks
Aimon

bimmzy

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2006
London
Are you capturing to your boot drive (Mac HD) or on a separate drive??

What Mac are you using to do this job on anyway?

bimmzy

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2006
London

sorry. Is the drive firewire/usb and have you set that drive as a scratch drive in your capture settings?

aimonax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
FCE capturing reply

I am using Mac G5 and a seperate 'Seagate' drive. It has started capturing now however since the capturing time has been set to 30 minutes, once i start recapturing it does the 'allocating' thing again and it is wasting a lot of time.

Aimon

aimonax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
Capture drive

Yes the drive is set as capture drive, in fact I have put all folders in it.

Thanks
Aimon

sorry. Is the drive firewire/usb and have you set that drive as a scratch drive in your capture settings?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.