Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smythey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2007
Scotland
Does anybody know of an external device that could allow watching Digital TV on a Mini? And for a reasonable price!! You can get external PC tuners for about £60 - this one on the apple store is a fit-inducing £200.....

Cheers.

nsmextra

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2007
I am using Miglia TVMini Express USB stick to watch TV on my iMac G5. I only have problem with the software TheTube came with it. It takes more than 200MB of memory to run and 90% of the CPU. So I can't work while watching TV :(

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I am using Miglia TVMini Express USB stick to watch TV on my iMac G5. I only have problem with the software TheTube came with it. It takes more than 200MB of memory to run and 90% of the CPU. So I can't work while watching TV :(

You need the EyeTV 2 software (assuming it supports your hardware). As long as you don't turn on progressive scan deinterlacing it only uses around 40% of a 1.25Ghz G4 Mac Mini and less than 100Mb of real RAM.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Smythey, you need an Elgato EyeTV Hybrid. Works a treat. I think its £95 now. They used to have it on an offer of £80 on the Apple Store back when I bought mine. Strange that the price has actually gone up since then!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.