Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenick512

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
I'm building a website using dreamweaver, I'm using flash text as the menu on the left hand side. When I upload everything it takes a single click on a mac to open the page. When I try it on a windows machine it takes a double click. They don't have to be fast clicks either. I can click, give it a second then click again and it opens up. Any ideas? its driving me nuts

tominated

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2006
Queensland, Australia
I'm building a website using dreamweaver, I'm using flash text as the menu on the left hand side. When I upload everything it takes a single click on a mac to open the page. When I try it on a windows machine it takes a double click. They don't have to be fast clicks either. I can click, give it a second then click again and it opens up. Any ideas? its driving me nuts

This is a "security" thing with internet explorer. It makes you click it to activate it because it is considered an ActiveX control to microsh*t which they used to like, but now they bitch about it being bad for security (my ass). To avoid this, don't use flash (a lot of people in this forum will agree), just use normal text. BTW: can you give us a link to the site?

thenick512

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
thanks for all the help guys, I'll google the work arounds. This is one of my first sites I have ever built, so please try not to be to cruel but I would love some critique.

http://www.vrrockgym.com

There are lots of stuff I'm changing once I get the media for it. Right now all the heading pictures are the same as rotating pictures in the front. This is just the preliminary design.

tominated

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2006
Queensland, Australia
I would suggest that you learn the basics of css and xhtml to make your site ready for the future. Table based layouts are not a wise thing and you can recreate the layout you have easily once you know the basics of css. A good place to start is here (for xhtml) and here (for css). I recommend you read these and search up some more. BTW: You can easily do that flash menu in xhtml and css as shown here. Hope this helps.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.