Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State
I got this idea from SeVeN's April desktop post. It might be fun for a while.

Identify what the image is, or is a part of.
Whoever identifies the image correctly has 1 hr to post their own, after which anyone may post a new image.

Only images representing the whole, or part, of tangible items are permitted. i.e. no posting of a Vista logo and waiting until someone correctly guesses: “Hey, it’s a piece of crap”.

If two people guess correctly at the same time, whoever can post a new image within the hour
gets to start the next series.

If you want to make a new guess, post a new thread, don't edit your previous one or this will screw up the deeming of the "winner".

Sorry for the rules, I hate rules, but we realized early on they were needed.

I'll start with an easy one.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 150

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Since the first one has already been guessed, I'll post one. The blurriness is part of the fun :p.

Attachments

• PICT0023.jpg
    PICT0023.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 90

Clusty

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006
There needs to be some kind of rule system set up in the first post.

Ex: The person who guesses correctly posts the next image, if that person fails to post a picture within 36(is that good?) hours, the OP can post a new picture.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop

Ex: The person who guesses correctly posts the next image, if that person fails to post a picture within 36(is that good?) hours, the OP can post a new picture.

Like "eye spy" rules

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State

How's this:

Only images representing the whole, or part, of concrete, 3D, tangible, items.

the "guesser" has 12 hr to re-post before another member may jump in?

Any other ideas? I'll go back and edit the rules into my original if no one else comments.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
i used to love those eye spy books

I meant "eye spy with my little eye" but those books were indeed amazing.

How's this:

Only images representing the whole, or part, of concrete, 3D, tangible, items.

the "guesser" has 12 hr to re-post before another member may jump in?

Any other ideas? I'll go back and edit the rules into my original if no one else comments.

Maybe it should fall to the second person who guessed it (because due to people's typing speed + connection speed probably mean multiple responses). So the second person could've actually guessed before the first, but there must be a limit to this.

Therefore falls to the second (maybe reduce the time to 4 hours here), but after the second it goes wide open.

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State
Rules

To keep it as simple as possible, I think that if the "guess" times are identical, whoever can post a new image the fastest gets to run the next series. Perhaps the winner(s) should only have 1 hr before anyone can post?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
To keep it as simple as possible, I think that if the "guess" times are identical, whoever can post a new image the fastest gets to run the next series. Perhaps the winner(s) should only have 1 hr before anyone can post?

Seems like a good set of rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.