Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoGoSamGo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
I always try and keep my stuff clean and safe as possibly, so I was thinking of investing in one as soon as my camera comes in. My only question was, for those that know, does it add a glare to the screen when outside or does it overal just make it less clear to view the screen? Thank you

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I use one. I don't want it to get scratched up.

I don't know if it makes a difference to the viewing quality, but I'm assuming it does. I haven't used the screen without a protector for a long, long time.

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
I always use the plastic cover that came with my Nikon cameras. Looking at their condition, I am glad that I use them. They have taken a few mild impacts as well.

ahuyevshi

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2007
I have a 5D and this is my 4th DSLR, and I have never successfully used screen protectors... Maybe I have just been buying the wrong ones, but every time I use one of the film protectors, it annoys me after only a few days.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I use a delkin screen protector, but not always with the shade on. Having the extra protection on the back for buttons and screen is a plus, at least for me.

popupshades_pro.jpg

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I've only ever taken the bundled Nikon screen protector off to remove some flecks of dust on my D70s. Its a great protector and doesn't harm use, so there's no way I'd take it off...

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I used the supplied Nikon screen protectors for my D70, but it was regularly falling off and took quite a beating itself. I've now got an InvisibleShield on my D2x (Have had it there for almost 2 years), and it's spotless. Works better than I could've imagined.

SWC

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
I use the invisible shield. It does distort the display a tiny bit but I only use it for double checking general quality of my pic I don't use it for any hardcore monitoring or anything.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I don't guard my screen, I guess I maybe should, but at the same time I barely am ever looking at it. I might buy a screen protector this summer because I'll be outside more often, right now my shooting is very unlikely to damage the screen. And hasn't.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
i guard my screen. in fact, on all my camcorders and both digital cameras. i don't find viewing anything a hindrance. i would highly recommend it. your local camera store will no doubt have a package with a few protectors in it. i carefully measured my screens to ensure i cut as many screens as i could from the least amount of protectors (but that's being somewhat anal retentive :)

Cheers,
Keebler

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
I've hacked down Fellowes WriteRight screen protectors made for PDAs and put them on my Nikon D50 and iPod. Seems to work pretty well, and I can see just fine, and since they're designed for day-in-day-out stylus impacts, they hold up quite well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.