PDA

View Full Version : Cubase Update 1.0.6 is Out!!

daveg5
Jun 19, 2003, 03:29 PM
My favorite OSX music app has been updated.
IMHO the best looking easiest to learn, though not as many features or as deep as Logic-DP4 has finally been updated.
Geeez I did not know it had that many bugs and issues in it, I guess I am not a power user.

http://www.musicalmac.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

neut
Jun 20, 2003, 12:29 PM
this app was almost unusable before this. here's hoping...

daveg5
Jun 20, 2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by neut
this app was almost unusable before this. here's hoping...
really? i have been making good music for months,
but then i have sl, not sx and vst and logic in os9 also

neut
Jun 20, 2003, 05:07 PM
i actual have sl also...

well, my freind, the all mighty dj flow, has been using it. he can't seem to get it stable enough on his, my old, dual G4 tower (450x2). ???

hope this update works for him.

oh yeah, this is in X not 9. glad to hear it works for you.

Heart Break Kid
Jun 20, 2003, 08:01 PM
can you now use it to mix MP3 or AAC files?

i have cubase but i dont know how to use it to mix mp3 files which most of my music is encoded in. Im not a serious music maker, but thought itd be cool to use it to mix beats into my mp3s

is it now possible?

daveg5
Jun 22, 2003, 01:37 PM
i was not even aware you could mix mp3's in a pro app
you can now import/export
supposedly you must follow the instructions for installing on www.cubase.net mac forums
this is for sx only
there will be an sl updater this week
i am going to uninstall cubase install the original and then install the update to be safe.
good luck

neut
Jun 24, 2003, 05:33 PM
ill be on the look out for that sl update...

groovebuster
Jun 27, 2003, 01:15 AM
Indstalled it and finally you can work with Cubase SX on the Mac... but still there are some things they didn't fix. Oh, well... at least they were doing something! I consider the time until this update came out as a pretty long beta phase and I was pretty mad that I had to pay the full price for that beta of Cubase...

groovebuster

Freg3000
Jun 29, 2003, 07:52 PM
I always hear people saying that there are still Pro audio apps that have now been made for Mac OS X, and therefore they can't drop OS 9. Now that Cubase is over, are there any other (important) ones?

groovebuster
Jun 29, 2003, 11:40 PM
Cubase SX is out for the Mac (on OS X) already since 9 months... it just was so buggy that you couldn't work with it at all...

But I already found some issues with 1.0.6 again! I am really thinking about switching to Logic meanhwile...

groovebuster

neut
Jun 30, 2003, 12:25 PM
yeah, im thinking of switching too. DP or Logic. ProTools is such a monopoly. it sucks to have to use their hardware.

i just need a powerful multi-channel record/sequence and program, and Cubase isn't reliable.

it really sucks to spend money on a test program.

***** Steinberg...(but ive heard good things about Nuendo...too bad its so freakin expensive).

Pete_Hoover
Jul 1, 2003, 09:53 AM
Never used it, but I will try it.