PDA

View Full Version : Working Apple Retail... (questions)

rock6079
Apr 24, 2007, 12:45 PM
Hey, I know this thread has been done over and over again... and I've read them all. However none are fairly recent and being as I just got an email from Apple looking to schedule an interview, I was hoping for some more recent advice (especially from those of you who created those "Getting a Job at Apple" threads, and got the job).

Any insight on the interview process and what to expect would be specifically helpful.

Seems like this could be fun to do for the summer. Looking forward to some good advice!

MovieCutter
Apr 24, 2007, 03:25 PM
Just be a people person, don't be an Apple geek. They stopped hiring them years ago. It's the most fun RETAIL job you'll ever have...but it's still retail, and retail sucks generally.

Again, they aren't looking for Apple geeks anymore, they're looking for people who are personable, interesting, and can sell. They'll likely ask you questions like "How would you deal with an upset customer", but they've also been known to ask off the wall questions like "what's your favorite band?" "What's your favorite iApp" etc. Good luck.