PDA

View Full Version : Girls kill friend because they felt like it.

Hummer
Apr 24, 2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21607953-2,00.html

... This is so insane.

I personally don't believe that they just felt like killing someone and picked their friend. I think they're covering up something and the friend had information that would "ruin them".

P-Worm
Apr 24, 2007, 02:59 PM
That is so messed up...

P-Worm

Moof1904
Apr 24, 2007, 03:08 PM
Something like this could only happen in the evil, sick, twisted United States. Oh, wait...

tutubibi
Apr 24, 2007, 03:14 PM
... I think they're covering up something and the friend had information that would "ruin them".

I don't they are covering anything, they would have some remorse in that case. Why just not accept the fact that those 2 girls are completely messed up.

Maybe they played too many video games ? :D

On the other hand, couple of generations ago nobody would worry about this and ask for the root cause. Those girls would either run away from their village or would be killed by relatives of the victim.

princealfie
Apr 24, 2007, 03:22 PM
Perhaps the cannibals will get to the gals first? Wow, that would be the heyday. :D

im_to_hyper
Apr 24, 2007, 03:33 PM
Weird. I blame it on kangaroo mind-control powers.

princealfie
Apr 24, 2007, 03:39 PM
Weird. I blame it on kangaroo mind-control powers.

Okay it's time to eat the kangaroos now.

swiftaw
Apr 24, 2007, 03:41 PM
Okay it's time to eat the kangaroos now.

Actually quite delicious. (Not kidding)

princealfie
Apr 24, 2007, 03:42 PM
Actually quite delicious. (Not kidding)

Nice, where can I find kangaroo burgers?

http://www.ochef.com/174.htm

patrick0brien
Apr 24, 2007, 04:06 PM
Sorry for the cliche, but...

"... with friends like these..."

dornoforpyros
Apr 24, 2007, 04:06 PM
actually this doesn't surprise me. Teenagers can be weird and fickle creatures that honestly don't know why they do some things.

I know I did dumb things as a teenager and when I think back as to why the best reason I have is "because". Which isn't really an answer.

As horrible as this is, I can't think of anything they'd be trying to cover up and then admit to their friends murder.

PlaceofDis
Apr 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
insane. and surreal. wow.

Osarkon
Apr 24, 2007, 04:14 PM
That is just...wrong. What's happening to people these days?!

patrick0brien
Apr 24, 2007, 04:16 PM
That is just...wrong. What's happening to people these days?!

-Osarkon

Just better reported.

Osarkon
Apr 24, 2007, 04:24 PM
Better reported? Wha? :confused:

irmongoose
Apr 24, 2007, 04:29 PM
People doing what they do best... going crazy. Sigh.

irmongoose

patrick0brien
Apr 24, 2007, 04:29 PM
24 hours new cycle + internet + need for hits/ratings = gobs of reporters, pseudoreporters, and opinionators with plenty of demand, and the near-instant means to deliver it.

"Friends" killing "friends", unfortunately, isn't anything new. Just how it's reported.

I'm trying not to diminish the events. Rather, I diminish the reporting of it. Sorry but, I'm very, very jaded against the media - too much "Watch the Monkey".

Osarkon
Apr 24, 2007, 04:33 PM
24 hours new cycle + internet + need for hits/ratings = gobs of reporters, pseudoreporters, and opinionators with plenty of demand, and the near-instant means to deliver it.

"Friends" killing "friends", unfortunately, isn't anything new. Just how it's reported.

I'm trying not to diminish the events. Rather, I diminish the reporting of it. Sorry but, I'm very, very jaded against the media - too much "Watch the Monkey".

Aha. Yeah I guess in a way that's true. The angle put on stories really annoys me as well. But it's what sells, and that's their job even if we hate it.

It's when stuff is blown completely out of proportion that I start getting annoyed..

Jasonbot
Apr 24, 2007, 04:35 PM
And I just felt like eating a whole chocolate cake. I hoped I would get away with it but my mom caught me and I must now face the consequences:eek:

mattscott306
Apr 24, 2007, 04:36 PM
I'm disgusted. How could you do that to another human being in the first place, let alone "just because." I don't think there is any punishment harsh enough for what they did.

yellow
Apr 24, 2007, 04:37 PM
This is why some states in the US have capital punishment. I'm guessing these are serial killers caught early.

killr_b
Apr 24, 2007, 05:19 PM
Let's break it down:

Teen…- stop there. Teens are insane.

Teenage girls…- stop again. Teenage girls are insane.

Teenage girls killed their friend…- clearly an insane move,

…"it's hard to explain"…- no, no, it isn't. These chicks are clearly insane. :p

But seriously, do we need to redo the house of horrors to include suburban teenage girls next to Lizzy Borden? :D

psychofreak
Apr 24, 2007, 05:24 PM
actually this doesn't surprise me. Teenagers can be weird and fickle creatures that honestly don't know why they do some things.

Bleh...there are plenty of grown-up maniacs...

SkyBell
Apr 24, 2007, 05:24 PM
That's just wrong. They felt like it?!

Must be some really sick and twisted girls. If you "feel" like killing someone you need some help.

They even practiced homicide by killing two kittens.

Wow.:(

zap2
Apr 24, 2007, 07:19 PM
Better reported? Wha? :confused:

People have been crazy for ever...just now the news is all over the place...back 100 years, most of us would never had heard about this

floriflee
Apr 24, 2007, 07:33 PM
Stories like this always make me wonder what the home life was like for these girls. Me thinks that there was something lacking there.

zap2
Apr 24, 2007, 07:35 PM
Stories like this always make me wonder what the home life was like for these girls. Me thinks that there was something lacking there.

maybe, but can all of it really be marked back to home life? There are tons of case of a bad family life, however not all of them end up as killer because "they felt like it"

psychofreak
Apr 24, 2007, 07:36 PM
How long before something (videogames/exam stress/horrible boyfriends) is blamed?

faintember
Apr 24, 2007, 07:52 PM
Is life in prison the most harsh sentence these girls can get? Hardly seems harsh enough to me.

floriflee
Apr 24, 2007, 07:58 PM
maybe, but can all of it really be marked back to home life? There are tons of case of a bad family life, however not all of them end up as killer because "they felt like it"

I'm not saying all of it is attributed to it, but I definitely think it was a factor. I'm curious as to how much.

thedude110
Apr 24, 2007, 08:01 PM

Definitely. Crazy people come from sound surroundings, and sound people come from crazy surroundings, but where there's smoke, etc. I've got a CD on mega-repeat and am coming back to this lyric (for workish reasons, though it fits here): "Every spark of friendship and love will die without a home." Which isn't to say that there wasn't some bald love in this incident, but is to say that the home impacts all of us -- but especially adolescents -- in unremitting ways.

Whatever justice comes forth, let's hope it's tempered by charity. In the face of such dehumanization our own responsibility seems vivid.

EricNau
Apr 24, 2007, 08:07 PM
That's just sick.

If you're going to murder someone, you should at least have a reason. :confused:

apfhex
Apr 24, 2007, 08:28 PM
How long before something (videogames/exam stress/horrible boyfriends) is blamed?
5 minutes ago. (I don't actually know, but probably :p)

Just crazy.

Sutekidane
Apr 24, 2007, 09:21 PM
Wow, they really need to be put away where they can't harm other people.

MongoTheGeek
Apr 24, 2007, 09:42 PM
People have been crazy for ever...just now the news is all over the place...back 100 years, most of us would never had heard about this

Only 73 years ago but everyone heard of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_and_Loeb

RMD68
Apr 24, 2007, 10:40 PM
There had to be some motive otherwise these girls are on a Charles Manson insane level. Killing their friend for the sake of it, sounds fishy to me.

notjustjay
Apr 25, 2007, 12:00 AM
These girls need to be tried as adults, not in a children's court. Otherwise, it will be a total joke. At 17, you know better. Period.

blackstone
Apr 25, 2007, 12:11 AM
There had to be some motive otherwise these girls are on a Charles Manson insane level. Killing their friend for the sake of it, sounds fishy to me.

I agree. I'm guessing they were involved in something shady and killed her because she was going to rat them out. Something like that has happened at least once before (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,977628-1,00.html) with high school students in the U.S.

mustard
Apr 25, 2007, 01:45 AM
Something like this could only happen in the evil, sick, twisted United States. Oh, wait...

Was that appropriate?

Father Jack
Apr 25, 2007, 02:11 AM
Is life in prison the most harsh sentence these girls can get? Hardly seems harsh enough to me.
I totally agree, surely a more appropriate sentence can be found ....... like hanging. :)

FJ

noaccess
Apr 25, 2007, 02:55 AM
As far as punishment goes, they should just be locked up in the same room, rarely let out, food and water served through a small gap under the door.
Depending on what their personalities are like and the degree of accuracy in the article, they'll eventually get in an argument and kill each other. Fight to the death. Now that is what they'd deserve for killing someone for no reason; they'll experience what their victim did.

No remorse, no hard feelings for what they did... imagine what would happen if they weren't caught. Ten years later, killing sprees.

faintember
Apr 25, 2007, 03:07 AM
I totally agree, surely a more appropriate sentence can be found ....... like hanging. :)With speaker wire. And lets not forget the chemical-soaked cloth gag either.

EricNau
Apr 25, 2007, 08:00 PM
I totally agree, surely a more appropriate sentence can be found ....... like hanging. :)

FJ
Or we could just keep them in the same prison cell. It's only a matter of time... ;)

rockosmodurnlif
Apr 25, 2007, 10:22 PM
This story makes about as much sense as me cutting my arms off so I can wear sleeveless shirts. There's holes big enough for an elephant to climb through. And I doubt Leopold and Loeb turned themselves in.

GamecockMac
Apr 25, 2007, 10:27 PM
This immediately popped into my head...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker-Hulme_murder

I'd recommend Peter Jackson's film about this crime to anyone who believes teenage girls are all sugar and spice.

Father Jack
Apr 26, 2007, 11:26 AM
With speaker wire. And lets not forget the chemical-soaked cloth gag either.
I think a good broad rope would be better and of course miscalculate the "drop" so that they slowly choke to death. Make the second one wait and watch the fate of her friend so that she will know exactly what's in store. :cool:

ps
I think it should be televised, live of course. :)

As I'm sure you have guessed, I'm not really a priest !!!:D

FJ

princealfie
Apr 26, 2007, 11:30 AM
This immediately popped into my head...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker-Hulme_murder

I'd recommend Peter Jackson's film about this crime to anyone who believes teenage girls are all sugar and spice.

Interesting, considering that one of the ladies becomes a member of the LDS Church and a famous mystery writer Anne Perry.

faintember
Apr 26, 2007, 11:36 AM
I think it should be televised, live of course. :)

As I'm sure you have guessed, I'm not really a priest !!!:DI somewhat agree. I just don't see how either of the girls could be rehabilitated in any way. I seem to go back and forth on capital punishment every few years or so, but I do believe that the murder's method of killing should be used to kill the murderer in the case of the death penalty.

islandman
Apr 26, 2007, 12:25 PM
:(

It shocks me that they felt no remorse for it. How horrific.

nbs2
Apr 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
Publish their names and hang 'em until they're dead.

princealfie
Apr 26, 2007, 03:28 PM

Perhaps the cannibals will get to them first. They are hungry you know? :p

MacNut
Apr 26, 2007, 03:36 PM
Bleh...there are plenty of grown-up maniacs...But they all start as teenagers.

mattscott306
Apr 26, 2007, 03:38 PM

I'd say let them get close to death, and save em then do it again.

Diatribe
Apr 26, 2007, 03:46 PM
So much violence in this thread :p

psychofreak
Apr 26, 2007, 03:49 PM
Bleh to all the capital punishment supporters...

Solitary confinement is what they deserve...but I want to hear the true full story...

mattscott306
Apr 26, 2007, 03:53 PM

Solitary confinement is what they deserve...but I want to hear the true full story...

You think there is some way to rehabilitate this girls? No.
Why put a strain on the system for such scum?

MacNut
Apr 26, 2007, 03:57 PM
Im reminded of the movie "Halloween" Mike Myers was a killer since a child and never changed.

huck500
Apr 26, 2007, 04:17 PM
Was that appropriate?

Or was it sarcasm?:rolleyes:

And the world isn't going to pot, the level of violent crime (at least here in the US) has been steadily dropping for years and years. That's the main reason that the "blame videogames" crowd needs to get a new hobby. Games get more and more violent and violent acts happen more and more infrequently... where's the connection?

phillipjfry
Apr 26, 2007, 05:04 PM
Kids are always killing each other lately. I just wish we could go back in time before video games and rap music, you know, when people didn't kill each other in cold blood. :)

Hummer
Apr 26, 2007, 05:54 PM
Kids are always killing each other lately. I just wish we could go back in time before video games and rap music, you know, when people didn't kill each other in cold blood. :)

If that happened, kids would be killing each other from the withdrawal effects of their favorite things.

phillipjfry
Apr 26, 2007, 07:45 PM
If that happened, kids would be killing each other from the withdrawal effects of their favorite things.

I wonder what people blamed when kids were killing kids wayyyy "back in the day"

"Kids have been killing more often ever since those silly cave drawings came out" :rolleyes:

Eric5h5
Apr 26, 2007, 08:22 PM
"Kids have been killing more often ever since those silly cave drawings came out" :rolleyes:

What? BAN CAVE DRAWINGS!! Will no one think of the children??

--Eric

faintember
Apr 26, 2007, 08:47 PM

Solitary confinement is what they deserve...but I want to hear the true full story...You know, I would happily go for solitary confinement over capital punishment if the person could not have access to anything other than food and water and no trips outside of their cell, ever.

And ban the cave drawings!

wmmk
Apr 26, 2007, 10:11 PM
I don't care if they're teenagers. I'm 13, and if anything, I'm too rational for my own good.

I see absolutely no way in which one human being can kill another in cold blood and feel no remorse. For that matter, I do not understand intentionally killing other humans in general. This includes the death penalty.

Anyhow, this is absolutely sick, and these two girls need quite a bit of counseling ad rehabilitation. Hopefully, they will acknowledge the wrongs of their actions and be able to live productive lives.

Violence never ceases to amaze me with its irrationality.

iBlue
Apr 27, 2007, 06:09 AM
Wow.
There's a lot of things that can be chalked up to "it made sense at the time" but this takes the cake.

Wonder if they'll feel a bit strange about it one day. Unless they are genuinely mentally ill, I bet they will.
Life in prison seems a pretty sound solution. They clearly don't place a lot of value on life and I think killing them is just, well, inappropriate. I think it's a lot crueller to lock them away for the rest of their miserable lives.

pilotError
Apr 27, 2007, 07:19 AM
They prepared by killing 2 kittens.

Typical progression for a killer, kill or torture animals, then humans.

I say hand them over to PETA.

GoCubsGo
Apr 27, 2007, 07:36 AM
TWO teenagers who wanted to experience murder told police it "felt right" to strangle a friend and bury her body in a shallow grave beneath her West Australian home.
Umm yeah. In the US that is a setup for the insane plea.

nbs2
Apr 27, 2007, 07:53 AM
Wonder if they'll feel a bit strange about it one day. Unless they are genuinely mentally ill, I bet they will.
Life in prison seems a pretty sound solution. They clearly don't place a lot of value on life and I think killing them is just, well, inappropriate. I think it's a lot crueller to lock them away for the rest of their miserable lives.

When someone is willing to just up and murder someone and doesn't feel any remorse, I think they've lost what makes humans different from animals. If this had been two dogs or two bears that killed the girl, they'd be put down. Same thing.

koobcamuk
Apr 27, 2007, 07:57 AM
When someone is willing to just up and murder someone and doesn't feel any remorse, I think they've lost what makes humans different from animals. If this had been two dogs or two bears that killed the girl, they'd be put down. Same thing.

Yeh! Oo-rah! Kill them. I would. They didn't even have a good reason.

mattscott306
Apr 27, 2007, 07:58 AM
They didn't even have a good reason.

Not that there is ever an excuse for murder...

koobcamuk
Apr 27, 2007, 08:00 AM
But they all start as teenagers.

I started before that sometime... your mum must have had a hell of a time getting you out... :rolleyes:

If we remove computers and phones and games from society, it will only take about one generation for everyone to love each other. The cannot miss what they have never had.

There have only been wars since computer games... oh wait... I am talking ****.

just bury them alive.

koobcamuk
Apr 27, 2007, 08:03 AM
Not that there is ever an excuse for murder...

If I killed all your family and then left bits of body (theirs) all around your house and I was there with some weapons/lazer beam eyes, you would want to kill me.

If you killed my parents, brother or girlfriend and were standing in front of me, I wouldn't want you to go to jail. I would do all sorts to you.

Note: I do not mean you. I mean 'you'.

Nym
Apr 27, 2007, 09:23 AM
I am 100% against the death penalty.

Why? because I think that the "easy" way out for someone who killed another human being is exactly by letting them die too, not facing up the consequences of what they did and let them live a life of remorse.

I'm poetic hein? well... I recommend a movie that I saw a year ago about the death penalty and all that (with Kevin Spacey and Kate Winslet) and I strongly recommend everyone to see it, there's a lot of stuff that can go wrong when you just kill someone and it illustrates the way I feel about the subject.

In this particular case, the girls look another "rotten fruit" from this sad and violent world we live in, human beings are walking in the wrong way, instead of honoring life we keep destroying it and who knows where this will take...

When the example of violence and senseless killing comes from our leaders then I guess everything is possible.

It's a sad world right?

EDIT:
Movie Linky: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289992/

MongoTheGeek
Apr 27, 2007, 11:50 AM
They prepared by killing 2 kittens.

I shouldn't be laughing at this but the euphemism is so stuck in my head.

Aside from the Leopold and Loeb reference the other things running through my head:

"I killed a man in reno, just to watch him die"

"There are four kinds of homicide, criminal, understandable, justifiable and praiseworthy"

thedude110
Apr 27, 2007, 05:18 PM

Except that they are human beings.

The question of justice is essentially a question of charity. And the justice we administer to those who commit even deplorable acts is a test of our own humanity.

Such that:
Inhuman acts do not make a case for dehumanization.

or

We are so assured of our own right to be at the cost of whom?

brianus
Apr 27, 2007, 07:08 PM
Or was it sarcasm?:rolleyes:

And the world isn't going to pot, the level of violent crime (at least here in the US) has been steadily dropping for years and years. That's the main reason that the "blame videogames" crowd needs to get a new hobby. Games get more and more violent and violent acts happen more and more infrequently... where's the connection?

Actually, violent crime has been on an upswing for the last 2 or 3 years in the U.S. Prior to that, yes, it had been dropping for a decade or more. Not saying there's a connection to video games (and if there's a connection to violent media content in general, there's plenty of non-game violence you could blame for it these days. People post beheading videos on the internet fer chrissake), I'm just pointing out that you can't keep trotting out the "less violent crime" trope any more.

hplus
Apr 27, 2007, 07:42 PM
I don't think there is any punishment harsh enough for what they did.

And punishment will accomplish what, exactly?

ghall
Apr 27, 2007, 09:00 PM
Wow, that's just...wrong.
"Hey I got a fun idea. Let's kill someone for the hell of it!" :eek:

Woah, sounds fun! :rolleyes:

faintember
Apr 27, 2007, 11:13 PM
And punishment will accomplish what, exactly?<sarcasm>And laws accomplish what, exactly?</sarcasm>

Father Jack
Apr 28, 2007, 11:40 AM
Never mind their names .... hang them. :)

FJ

GFLPraxis
Apr 28, 2007, 01:36 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21607953-2,00.html

... This is so insane.

I personally don't believe that they just felt like killing someone and picked their friend. I think they're covering up something and the friend had information that would "ruin them".

Why would they cover up information that would ruin them by killing someone and then turning themselves in? I'd think a murder confession would 'ruin' you worse than any other information that might come out.

skunk
Apr 28, 2007, 01:37 PM
Never mind their names .... hang them. :)

FJWhy? And why the smiley?

Father Jack
Apr 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
Why? And why the smiley?
Personally I think it's what they deserve.

Sorry about the smiley, I'm just in one of those moods.

FJ

matthew24
Apr 28, 2007, 03:38 PM
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.”
“Which ones?” the man inquired. Jesus replied, “ ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony,

“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
He answered: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’’”

skunk
Apr 28, 2007, 04:37 PM
Personally I think it's what they deserve.The person they killed did not deserve it. Nor do they.

Killyp
Apr 28, 2007, 05:26 PM
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.”
“Which ones?” the man inquired. Jesus replied, “ ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony,

“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
He answered: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’’”

I don't believe in god, but this is one of the things I respect religion for, it's teachings and values.

However, I don't think we should have to quote the bible for people to know that killing is wrong... :(

Zwhaler
Apr 28, 2007, 05:48 PM
Sorry for the cliche, but...

"... with friends like these..."

"...who needs serial killers..."

Mac-Addict
Apr 28, 2007, 06:05 PM
How could anyone ever think that waking up one day and wanting to kill someone was right?! And what makes it even more sick is the fact that the girls helped the girls familys look for them. Girls can be evil bitchs at times.

Wow, that's just...wrong.
"Hey I got a fun idea. Let's kill someone for the hell of it!" :eek:

Woah, sounds fun! :rolleyes:

Bill Gates? Steve Balmer? oh wait that wouldnt be for the hell of it that would be because I want it.. ermmm no I dont see why a random person should die for the hell of it!

neonblue2
Apr 29, 2007, 07:37 PM
Nice, where can I find kangaroo burgers?

http://www.ochef.com/174.htm

Woolworths, Coles, Foodland, etc. It's actually is quite nice. The best red meat.

SkyBell
Apr 29, 2007, 07:49 PM
Girls can be evil bitchs at times.

At times? You must not be paying attention.;)

I like that solitary confinement idea. Being 14, I know what it's like for a girl to be all alone..... it sucks.:)

FF_productions
Apr 29, 2007, 09:58 PM
"I killed a man in reno, just to watch him die"

Folsom Prison Blues- Johnny Cash, great song.

Reading about this event is just plain disturbing. They obviously have a few screws loose in their head because they didn't bother covering it up. They just confessed immediately and didn't give any reason for doing it.

Some nutjobs on this planet. Lets hope my friends don't try pulling this **** on me.

deanbo
Apr 30, 2007, 04:51 AM
At seventeen I believe these girls knew exactly what they were doing and what the consequences would be. If they didn't they wouldn't have been able to plan and carry out this disgusting act. Kittens and now a friend? No hope whatsoever in my opinion. To put it another way, if you were the victim would you want these people getting out?:(

Max Payne
Apr 30, 2007, 05:03 AM
These girls need to be taking to a psycho hospital or else locked for life no matter how old they are.

hvfsl
Apr 30, 2007, 10:15 AM
Sounds like they are just what many might call psychopaths. They are unable to connect and empathise with other living things. They probably got a power trip from killing (which is why they moved from kittens to humans, to increase the buzz).

Of course that doesn't excuse anything they did, they would have known full well what they were doing. They just decided that whatever buzz they were getting was more important than the lives they were ending.