PDA

View Full Version : HELP! can't download in IE!

irmongoose
Mar 16, 2002, 07:29 AM
help!

i had downloaded a download accelerating program for IE, and I decided I didnt like it, so I deleted it. Then, when I tried to downlaod something in IE, it just did nothing. So, I went to the preferences and I changed the file helpers thing. No luck. So then I reset the preferences. Still no luck. So then I took out my OS X cd and I reinstalled IE. And.. no.

Please help! Anything! Please!

i dont want to be control-clicking everytime to download something!

irmongoose

dantec
Mar 16, 2002, 07:41 AM
How bout you try e-mailing the creater of this speed downloading app and see if they have an answer.

Or just get a "better" browser than IE. Netscape 6.2.2. is a real improvement and it can now start to compete with version 4.7.6. Omniweb is great, except it takes too long to load pages... and then there's iCab, i've never used it so I can't tell you!

King Cobra
Mar 16, 2002, 07:45 AM
I would strongly recommend Netscape 6.2, unless you have a slow G3, because it may crash the monster application.

I am even using Netscape 6.2.1 on dial-up, and not one browser works faster! My father and my brother even worship 6.2!

teabgs
Mar 16, 2002, 07:45 AM
IE sucks anyway. There better programs that don't make you work hard to use them. theres your solution.

Unless there's a reason you need IE specifically.

irmongoose
Mar 16, 2002, 08:53 AM
i will email the maker of the app...

but i use IE because its much faster than anything else (seriously!)
Netscape is too 'heavy', OmniWeb, as dantec said, takes too long to load pages...

Im using the new G4 iMac.

Thanks alot to people who responded!

irmongoose

Taft
Mar 16, 2002, 10:22 AM
I went to MS's web page to look for the download. I found the download for it, but it only exists for Classic. The site says IE for OS X is available only by CD (ie the OS X.1 CD).

Typical MS craziness.

Matthew

dantec
Mar 16, 2002, 10:33 AM
Get Netscape, don't stay with IE... I hate IE I use Netscape mostly, and Omniweb from time to time...