Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
I know I'm a bit late to the game (aha, no pun intended) on this one, but I'm playing original Half-Life (Source version) for the first time.

I'm on the "Surface Tension" level and there's this tower thing that I'm evidently supposed to be able to climb up (see screenshot), even according to all the FAQs, but I don't seem to be able to! :confused: Unless there's a secret doublejump button? ;)

I can't progress otherwise, so I'm 100% stuck.

Attachments

• hlstuck.jpg
    hlstuck.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 206

Cheesecake

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2007
I know I'm a bit late to the game (aha, no pun intended) on this one, but I'm playing original Half-Life (Source version) for the first time.

I'm on the "Surface Tension" level and there's this tower thing that I'm evidently supposed to be able to climb up (see screenshot), even according to all the FAQs, but I don't seem to be able to! :confused: Unless there's a secret doublejump button? ;)

I can't progress otherwise, so I'm 100% stuck.

This took me a bit of time too. There's a certain angle that you can hit it at, I believe. Or maybe I forgot and there was another huge explosion there which gave you access. I can't remember which. Though I do share your frustration.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Or maybe I forgot and there was another huge explosion there which gave you access.
Well, there was a power transformer you had to blow up so that the tower wasn't electrified, but nothing after that.

I ended up using a cheat to lower the gravity so I could get up there. =/ I swear that jump wasn't actually possible.

andy89

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2005
Kent, England
Yeah.

Thats one of those source glitches. The 'normal' version of HL doesn't have that problem.

If you go through both you will probably see what I mean.

The HL series is awesome. Come of Blackbox!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.