Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

catracho

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Hi,

I installed bootcamp 1.2 but when the system was booting from Windows XP SP2 CD for the installation, the system doesn't install.

I tried bootcamp 1.1.2 and it was OK, but now I don't know where I can download it. I need it because the installation was fine when I used it.

Someone knows where can I find it?

Thanks

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
I would be very surprised if the version of bootcamp made any difference when it comes to the Windows install. All it does is create the partition, the windows install itself is independent of bootcamp.

Where are you getting an error and what error are you getting?

catracho

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2006
When the system boots for the setup, I only see the messange : "Checking system configuration..Please wait"(or something like that) and then a black screen.The windows setup never starts.

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
Hmm well that sounds like it's booting from the CD.

What hardware are you installing on?

Do you have multiple monitors connected? Is the output appearing on a powered off monitor?

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
You could try erasing and recreating the windows partition from within bootcamp. Apart from that I don't really have any ideas. Anyone else?

e12a

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2006
You had XP installed with 1.1.2? Why did you uninstall it? All you had to do was burn a new 1.2 Drivers CD.

And I've learned here that Bootcamp is just a GUI for an OS X feature...what version it is shouldn't matter.

catracho

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2006
You could try erasing and recreating the windows partition from within bootcamp. Apart from that I don't really have any ideas. Anyone else?

I tried without sucess.

I unistalled it because I had to format the hard disc. Now I need windows but it doesn't work anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.