Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Capstone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Could anyone help me with the following situation?

I am trying to import an assest (simple Quicktime file) and an error message pops up and says "Import Assests: Incompatible Format". Can anyone help tell me which settings to change - to make it work?

Thanks a million!

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
What video format is the QT movie? If you open the QT movie and hit command+i it will give you the format, framerate, etc.,.

Lethal

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
DVD Studio Pro will only accept HDV files if you're working on an HD DVD project. What I would suggest is to drag your Quicktime file into Compressor, and use one of the Apple 16:9 DVD compression presets to downsample it to an NTSC or PAL MPEG-2 stream that DVD Studio Pro will accept.

almyers

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2007
I am in a HD project and I'm still getting the "incompatible format" message. The first time I made a HD DVD it worked but I haven't been able to make one since. I'm using HDV 720p25. I've checked the settings. I can open the successful HDV DSP file but I can't import HDV assets into that file. I also can't import the original HDV file into a DSP project. I get the same error message. Help!!!

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
720p25 is a PAL format. Either change it to something like 720p24 or 720p30 or change your DVD to a PAL DVD instead of NTSC. See if that works.

P-Worm

almyers

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2007
Have you updated to DSP 4.1.2? I reinstalled DSP and the "incompatible format" problem with HD files disappeared. As an experiment I tried the update again and could no longer import HD files. Looks like 4.1.2 is buggy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.